New Official Photo of Prince George Released Just Before Royal Vacation to Australia & New Zealand
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 31, 2014 11:45 AM EST
The latest family photo of the royal baby, Prince George, along with his parents was released on Saturday March 29. The photo shows the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge perching on a windowsill with their baby in Kensington Palace. The Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine Elizabeth Middleton, is seen wrapping her arm around her 8-month-old son. The Duke, Prince William, is seen holding Lupo, the pet dog of the royal family.
Britain's Prince William, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George, are seen in this photograph taken in Kensington Palace, in mid-March 2014, and received in London on March 29, 2014. The Prince and Duchess chose to release the family photograph ahead of their forthcoming tour to New Zealand and Australia.
CNN reported that the intimate family photograph was taken by Jason Bell, the same photographer who captured the christening of Prince George in October 2013. The photograph which shows the royal family in a relaxed mood was released merely one week before Prince William and Ms Middleton heading to Australia and New Zealand for vacation.
This happens to be only the third official photograph of Prince George, released by the royal family. He seems more interested in the black cocker spaniel Lupo in the photograph. Kate, 32, is seen wearing white and the 31-year-old Duke is seen in a shirt with sleeves casually rolled up. Prince George, on the other hand, is wearing a light blue jumper that has his name on it.
Kate and William are expected to go for a hectic vacation in a week as they plan to cover both Australia and New Zealand only in 18 days. They will arrive in Australia on April 7. One of the biggest highlights of the tour is going to be their visit to Brisbane. They will visit a Brisbane RAF base before they attend a reception in Queensland. Prince George may be included in the tour. If he travels with his parents to down under, this will be the first time the little prince will travel to another country.
The release of the photograph just before the vacation represents the mood of the royal family which looks wonderfully poised before their journey. Whether Prince George will be a part of his parents' vacation, however, is still kept a mystery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar