Gwyneth Paltrow’s Ex-Boyfriend Donovan Leitch Explains Controversial Kiss
By Anne Lu | March 31, 2014 10:02 AM EST
Gwyneth Paltrow’s ex-boyfriend denied that he was the reason why the actress has split with her husband Chris Martin. Donovan Leitch was pictured giving Paltrow a kiss in 2013, but claimed that it was innocent show of affection.
Paltrow, 41, has announced that she and the Coldplay singer, 37, have separated in a blog post on her Goop site titled “Conscious Uncoupling.”
Soon after, speculations arose on why the now-uncoupled duo split. One persistent theory is Paltrow’s apparent rekindled romance with 46-year-old Leitch, who has also separated from his wife, Scottish model Kirsty Hume, three years ago.
Paltron and Leitch were pictured sharing a kiss at a baseball game in Los Angeles about six months ago, prompting rumours that they have reunited.
However, Leitch explained that it was just an innocent smooch between friends.
“I was just saying goodbye to her. It was purely innocent. We were sitting in the owner’s box in front of 30,000 people with her two children right next to us. That isn’t exactly the setting for a secret liaison,” he told Mail On Sunday.
“But the telephoto picture turned it into more. But it’s her. Her life is constantly under surveillance. Gwyneth and I have always been close,” he explained. “I consider her to be one of my closest friends. We have tons of great friends in common.”
As for Paltrow and Martin’s relationship, Leitch said that he “witnessed a couple incredibly in love with one another. That’s my personal experience. They’re great parents. Their relationship looks enviable. She definitely has a great life. She has a great family, kids, and career.”
The Mail on Sunday also reported that it was Martin who split from Paltrow, although the actress was the one who planned about the timing of the announcement.
Martin reportedly got fed up with Paltrow’s quest for perfection and need to be in control.
He is believed to have struck up a friendship with British model Alexa Chung, whom he apparently sees whenever things got stressful between him and Paltrow.
Paltrow and Martin married in December 2003 in the U.S. They raise two children together: daughter Apple (born in 2004) and son Moses (born 2006).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced