Gwyneth Paltrow’s Ex-Boyfriend Donovan Leitch Explains Controversial Kiss
By Anne Lu | March 31, 2014 10:02 AM EST
Gwyneth Paltrow’s ex-boyfriend denied that he was the reason why the actress has split with her husband Chris Martin. Donovan Leitch was pictured giving Paltrow a kiss in 2013, but claimed that it was innocent show of affection.
Paltrow, 41, has announced that she and the Coldplay singer, 37, have separated in a blog post on her Goop site titled “Conscious Uncoupling.”
Soon after, speculations arose on why the now-uncoupled duo split. One persistent theory is Paltrow’s apparent rekindled romance with 46-year-old Leitch, who has also separated from his wife, Scottish model Kirsty Hume, three years ago.
Paltron and Leitch were pictured sharing a kiss at a baseball game in Los Angeles about six months ago, prompting rumours that they have reunited.
However, Leitch explained that it was just an innocent smooch between friends.
“I was just saying goodbye to her. It was purely innocent. We were sitting in the owner’s box in front of 30,000 people with her two children right next to us. That isn’t exactly the setting for a secret liaison,” he told Mail On Sunday.
“But the telephoto picture turned it into more. But it’s her. Her life is constantly under surveillance. Gwyneth and I have always been close,” he explained. “I consider her to be one of my closest friends. We have tons of great friends in common.”
As for Paltrow and Martin’s relationship, Leitch said that he “witnessed a couple incredibly in love with one another. That’s my personal experience. They’re great parents. Their relationship looks enviable. She definitely has a great life. She has a great family, kids, and career.”
The Mail on Sunday also reported that it was Martin who split from Paltrow, although the actress was the one who planned about the timing of the announcement.
Martin reportedly got fed up with Paltrow’s quest for perfection and need to be in control.
He is believed to have struck up a friendship with British model Alexa Chung, whom he apparently sees whenever things got stressful between him and Paltrow.
Paltrow and Martin married in December 2003 in the U.S. They raise two children together: daughter Apple (born in 2004) and son Moses (born 2006).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS