Boxing News 2014: Bradley Thinks He Pissed Off Pacquiao With Statements, Braces for a Vicious Opponent; Pacman Hints of Retirement
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 31, 2014 9:33 AM EST
American boxer Timothy Bradley said on Saturday that he thinks opponent Manny Pacquiao is pissed off with his trash talk, claiming the eight-division title holder has lost his killer instinct and is now too compassionate.
Pacquiao vs. Rios: Will Pacquiao Regret Abandoning Alex Ariza?
Because of this, Bradley is now anticipating a vicious Pacman when the two pugilists meet for a rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"He has been training hard, and I heard throughout the grapevine he has been looking sharp, and that's his job. He needs to be at his very best," Bradley said, quoted by ABS-CBN.
But Bradley said he too is training hard and promised to put up a show for boxing fans. However, he could not resist another verbal jab at Pacquiao, asking, "When was the last time you saw him knock somebody out?"
He added that during their first encounter in June 2012, he injured his foot in the fourth round which Bradley blamed on his not wearing socks, but Pacquiao failed to knock him out that time.
For his part, Pacquiao told Bad Left Hook that he is extra motivated for their rematch, saying, "I may not have won the decision the first time we fought but I know I did not lose that fight. I want the world title he won from be back around my waist. I want to prove I am the better boxer."
Hinting of hanging up his gloves soon, Manny said, "I want to end my career on a winning streak and against the best fighters."
Noting Bradley's 0 loss record, Pacquiao said, "I want to be the first name in his loss column," although he acknowledged that it would not be an easy task.
The Filipino congressman opted not to engage in trash talk, but even thanked his opponent, stating, "I still have the hunger and the desire to win and I appreciate Tim Bradley giving me this rematch to prove it. Unfortunately for him, on April 12, I will not be able to repay him that favor with kindness."
To further drum up interest on the Pacquiao-Bradley bout, HBO premiered on Saturday, March 29, 24/7 Pacquiao/Bradley 2 at midnight ET/PT. Two more episodes are slated on Saturday, April 5, 11:30 pm ET/PT and Thursday, April 10, 8:30 pm ET/PT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen