Boxing News 2014: Bradley Thinks He Pissed Off Pacquiao With Statements, Braces for a Vicious Opponent; Pacman Hints of Retirement
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 31, 2014 9:33 AM EST
American boxer Timothy Bradley said on Saturday that he thinks opponent Manny Pacquiao is pissed off with his trash talk, claiming the eight-division title holder has lost his killer instinct and is now too compassionate.
Pacquiao vs. Rios: Will Pacquiao Regret Abandoning Alex Ariza?
Because of this, Bradley is now anticipating a vicious Pacman when the two pugilists meet for a rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"He has been training hard, and I heard throughout the grapevine he has been looking sharp, and that's his job. He needs to be at his very best," Bradley said, quoted by ABS-CBN.
But Bradley said he too is training hard and promised to put up a show for boxing fans. However, he could not resist another verbal jab at Pacquiao, asking, "When was the last time you saw him knock somebody out?"
He added that during their first encounter in June 2012, he injured his foot in the fourth round which Bradley blamed on his not wearing socks, but Pacquiao failed to knock him out that time.
For his part, Pacquiao told Bad Left Hook that he is extra motivated for their rematch, saying, "I may not have won the decision the first time we fought but I know I did not lose that fight. I want the world title he won from be back around my waist. I want to prove I am the better boxer."
Hinting of hanging up his gloves soon, Manny said, "I want to end my career on a winning streak and against the best fighters."
Noting Bradley's 0 loss record, Pacquiao said, "I want to be the first name in his loss column," although he acknowledged that it would not be an easy task.
The Filipino congressman opted not to engage in trash talk, but even thanked his opponent, stating, "I still have the hunger and the desire to win and I appreciate Tim Bradley giving me this rematch to prove it. Unfortunately for him, on April 12, I will not be able to repay him that favor with kindness."
To further drum up interest on the Pacquiao-Bradley bout, HBO premiered on Saturday, March 29, 24/7 Pacquiao/Bradley 2 at midnight ET/PT. Two more episodes are slated on Saturday, April 5, 11:30 pm ET/PT and Thursday, April 10, 8:30 pm ET/PT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date