Boxing News 2014: Bradley Thinks He Pissed Off Pacquiao With Statements, Braces for a Vicious Opponent; Pacman Hints of Retirement
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 31, 2014 9:33 AM EST
American boxer Timothy Bradley said on Saturday that he thinks opponent Manny Pacquiao is pissed off with his trash talk, claiming the eight-division title holder has lost his killer instinct and is now too compassionate.
Pacquiao vs. Rios: Will Pacquiao Regret Abandoning Alex Ariza?
Because of this, Bradley is now anticipating a vicious Pacman when the two pugilists meet for a rematch on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"He has been training hard, and I heard throughout the grapevine he has been looking sharp, and that's his job. He needs to be at his very best," Bradley said, quoted by ABS-CBN.
But Bradley said he too is training hard and promised to put up a show for boxing fans. However, he could not resist another verbal jab at Pacquiao, asking, "When was the last time you saw him knock somebody out?"
He added that during their first encounter in June 2012, he injured his foot in the fourth round which Bradley blamed on his not wearing socks, but Pacquiao failed to knock him out that time.
For his part, Pacquiao told Bad Left Hook that he is extra motivated for their rematch, saying, "I may not have won the decision the first time we fought but I know I did not lose that fight. I want the world title he won from be back around my waist. I want to prove I am the better boxer."
Hinting of hanging up his gloves soon, Manny said, "I want to end my career on a winning streak and against the best fighters."
Noting Bradley's 0 loss record, Pacquiao said, "I want to be the first name in his loss column," although he acknowledged that it would not be an easy task.
The Filipino congressman opted not to engage in trash talk, but even thanked his opponent, stating, "I still have the hunger and the desire to win and I appreciate Tim Bradley giving me this rematch to prove it. Unfortunately for him, on April 12, I will not be able to repay him that favor with kindness."
To further drum up interest on the Pacquiao-Bradley bout, HBO premiered on Saturday, March 29, 24/7 Pacquiao/Bradley 2 at midnight ET/PT. Two more episodes are slated on Saturday, April 5, 11:30 pm ET/PT and Thursday, April 10, 8:30 pm ET/PT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown