Zac Efron Reportedly Back On Drug Habits, Never Went To Rehab As Claimed
By Anne Lu | March 31, 2014 7:32 AM EST
Zac Efron never went to rehab, according to a new report. The “High School Musical” star has allegedly fallen off the wagon again amid reports that he was attacked in downtown Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old former Disney star sought treatment twice in 2013 for alcohol and drug abuse, but apparently, that wasn’t the real case.
And now, he has gone back to his old habits, according to the report.
Efron was involved in a fight in a sketchy area of Los Angeles last week, in which he was allegedly punched in the face by a homeless person. He told cops that he was with his bodyguard for a sushi run when they ran out of gas.
He and his bodyguard were sitting inside the car, waiting for a tow truck, when they threw a bottle out a window. The bottle smashed on the pavement near a group of transients. The transients then confronted them, believing that they threw the bottle at them. Two of the transients apparently attacked his bodyguard, so Efron got out of the car to help.
He received a punch on his mouth for his effort, but the bodyguard claimed that the actor saved his life.
It was a heroic tale, but it wasn’t entirely truthful.
TMZ claimed that the “bodyguard” wasn’t Efron’s minder at all. Rather, the unnamed person is a convicted drug dealer who has been spending a lot of time with him recently.
Cops are said to be sceptical of Efron’s sushi run story, as do his friends.
The minder claimed that he was viciously attacked in the melee, with the transients stabbing him in the face, stomach, and chest. However, when the police arrived, it was only Efron who was bleeding.
“Zac’s a loner. He goes out rarely and the idea of him driving for miles to go to some sushi restaurant in downtown L.A. after midnight is preposterous,” one friend told the gossip site.
He has apparently lost a number of friends in the past months because he has fallen off the wagon and started doing drugs again. And despite claims that he voluntarily checked into a rehabilitation facility twice in 2013 to kick off his cocaine habit, he never did that.
No one was arrested in the fight because cops viewed it as “mutual combat.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2