Zac Efron Reportedly Back On Drug Habits, Never Went To Rehab As Claimed
By Anne Lu | March 31, 2014 7:32 AM EST
Zac Efron never went to rehab, according to a new report. The “High School Musical” star has allegedly fallen off the wagon again amid reports that he was attacked in downtown Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old former Disney star sought treatment twice in 2013 for alcohol and drug abuse, but apparently, that wasn’t the real case.
And now, he has gone back to his old habits, according to the report.
Efron was involved in a fight in a sketchy area of Los Angeles last week, in which he was allegedly punched in the face by a homeless person. He told cops that he was with his bodyguard for a sushi run when they ran out of gas.
He and his bodyguard were sitting inside the car, waiting for a tow truck, when they threw a bottle out a window. The bottle smashed on the pavement near a group of transients. The transients then confronted them, believing that they threw the bottle at them. Two of the transients apparently attacked his bodyguard, so Efron got out of the car to help.
He received a punch on his mouth for his effort, but the bodyguard claimed that the actor saved his life.
It was a heroic tale, but it wasn’t entirely truthful.
TMZ claimed that the “bodyguard” wasn’t Efron’s minder at all. Rather, the unnamed person is a convicted drug dealer who has been spending a lot of time with him recently.
Cops are said to be sceptical of Efron’s sushi run story, as do his friends.
The minder claimed that he was viciously attacked in the melee, with the transients stabbing him in the face, stomach, and chest. However, when the police arrived, it was only Efron who was bleeding.
“Zac’s a loner. He goes out rarely and the idea of him driving for miles to go to some sushi restaurant in downtown L.A. after midnight is preposterous,” one friend told the gossip site.
He has apparently lost a number of friends in the past months because he has fallen off the wagon and started doing drugs again. And despite claims that he voluntarily checked into a rehabilitation facility twice in 2013 to kick off his cocaine habit, he never did that.
No one was arrested in the fight because cops viewed it as “mutual combat.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales