Zac Efron Reportedly Back On Drug Habits, Never Went To Rehab As Claimed
By Anne Lu | March 31, 2014 7:32 AM EST
Zac Efron never went to rehab, according to a new report. The “High School Musical” star has allegedly fallen off the wagon again amid reports that he was attacked in downtown Los Angeles.
The 26-year-old former Disney star sought treatment twice in 2013 for alcohol and drug abuse, but apparently, that wasn’t the real case.
And now, he has gone back to his old habits, according to the report.
Efron was involved in a fight in a sketchy area of Los Angeles last week, in which he was allegedly punched in the face by a homeless person. He told cops that he was with his bodyguard for a sushi run when they ran out of gas.
He and his bodyguard were sitting inside the car, waiting for a tow truck, when they threw a bottle out a window. The bottle smashed on the pavement near a group of transients. The transients then confronted them, believing that they threw the bottle at them. Two of the transients apparently attacked his bodyguard, so Efron got out of the car to help.
He received a punch on his mouth for his effort, but the bodyguard claimed that the actor saved his life.
It was a heroic tale, but it wasn’t entirely truthful.
TMZ claimed that the “bodyguard” wasn’t Efron’s minder at all. Rather, the unnamed person is a convicted drug dealer who has been spending a lot of time with him recently.
Cops are said to be sceptical of Efron’s sushi run story, as do his friends.
The minder claimed that he was viciously attacked in the melee, with the transients stabbing him in the face, stomach, and chest. However, when the police arrived, it was only Efron who was bleeding.
“Zac’s a loner. He goes out rarely and the idea of him driving for miles to go to some sushi restaurant in downtown L.A. after midnight is preposterous,” one friend told the gossip site.
He has apparently lost a number of friends in the past months because he has fallen off the wagon and started doing drugs again. And despite claims that he voluntarily checked into a rehabilitation facility twice in 2013 to kick off his cocaine habit, he never did that.
No one was arrested in the fight because cops viewed it as “mutual combat.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown