NCAA March Madness 2014: Connecticut vs. Michigan State, Kentucky vs. Michigan Live Streaming Info and Betting Odds Update
By James Patrick Quizon | March 31, 2014 4:54 AM EST
Both the University of Connecticut and Michigan State were both seeded low for the 2014 NCAA Tournament. At this point of the Big Dance, both are proving that peaking at the right time is better than being ranked high the pre-tournament rankings.
NCAA Basketball: NCAA Tournament-East Regional-Connecticut vs Iowa State
The Huskies play the Spartans in the Sweet Sixteen round of this year’s March Madness on Sunday night (Monday morning Australia). Connecticut is the ultimate underdog in the field with a 18.00 money line on them. This means that for every $10 wagered on the Huskies, a $180 payout is in store for anyone who put money on them to win the national title.
Meanwhile, the Kentucky Wildcats faces the Michigan Wolverines with the winner getting the fourth and last Final Four slot.
Here’s the complete list of teams and their chances of winning as per the betting lines with six teams left in the tournament.
Odds to Win 2014 NCAA Championship
Michigan State (4.50)
The Florida Gators were the pre-tourney favourites for being seeded No.1 overall. They ousted Cinderella team Dayton Flyers in Sweet 16 round and remains the top dog to win it all at 2.70. The Wisconsin Badgers, which is next in line at 3.4, defeated West Region No. 1 seed Arizona Wildcats, 64-63 in their own S16 match.
Who will join the Gators and Badgers in next round?
NCAA Sweet Sixteen Betting Lines
Point Spread: Connecticut (+5) vs. Michigan State (-5)
Moneyline: Connecticut (3.06) vs. Michigan State (1.40)
Connecticut Huskies Trends
- The Huskies are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Huskies are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games against teams not in their conference
- The Huskies are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in the NCAA Tournament
Michigan State Spartans Trends
- The Spartans are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Spartans are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games in the NCAA Tournament
- The Spartans are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games against teams not in their conference
Point Spread: Kentucky (-2) vs. Michigan (+2)
Moneyline: Kentucky (1.70) vs. Michigan (2.22)
Kentucky Wildcats Trends
- The Wildcats are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Wildcats are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Wildcats are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in the NCAA Tournament
Michigan Wolverines Trends
- The Wolverines are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Wolverines are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games on neutral site
- The Wolverines are 3-0-2 ATS in their last 5 games against teams from other teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed