Satyamev Jayate 2: No Criminal Politicians, No Vote Sell, Requests Aamir Khan
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 30, 2014 8:27 PM EST
The final episode of the "Satyamev Jayate" Season 2 ended with a powerful note on voting issue of the country.
With the country's 2014 Lok Sabha election looming at the doorstep, Aamir Khan donned his social crusader role to highlight the immediate political situation of the world's second largest democracy.
To the shock of many, statistics revealed that at least 30 percent of Lok Sabha MPs and 31 percent of Rajya Sabha MPs have criminal cases pending against them including heinous crimes like murder, kidnapping, rape, dacoity, attempt to murder among others.
A moving case of an innocent girl being molested and murdered ruthlessly by a certain Raja Bhaiya, a local goon and heavy weight politician came out. However, the victim's parents defied all odds stood up and fought against Bhaiya, leading to the latter's conviction finally.
In the face of corrupt and criminal background politicians, Khan brought up the name of Ajit Sarkar, who was considered as an icon by locals of Purnea, Bihar for his clean, just and sincere image. Unfortunately, the people's politician and three-time MLA Sarkar met a brutal end as he was grisly murdered by opponent Pappu Yadav, who still remains free.
Several guests in the show informed cases of rigged voting and criminal politicians:
a) Political parties choose candidates with graver criminal background because of their strong manipulative capability.
b) Voters are lured with not just cash, but goods, liquor and food. Former Chief Election Commissioner SY Qureshi informed astronomical amounts of black money in the garb of fake weddings, parties and sums hidden in ambulance, funeral vans and car-doors which have been unearthed by the EC.
c) The politicians with serious crime records relish their status and consider it their 'market value' which would help them in elections.
d) Selling away votes by only lower income group is wrong notion as a poll by the show presented middle class people ready to sell their precious votes in exchange of goods such as electrical products.
e) Selling away vote only leads to further anarchy as greedy and selfish members are elected resulting in frauds, scams and corruption.
Khan finally urged citizens to consider the broader perspective while voting, since the system of discrepancies grows only when we give away our votes to the incompetent and wrong. He concludes requesting all to vote unbiased for the able and deserving candidates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports