Satyamev Jayate 2: No Criminal Politicians, No Vote Sell, Requests Aamir Khan
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 30, 2014 8:27 PM EST
The final episode of the "Satyamev Jayate" Season 2 ended with a powerful note on voting issue of the country.
With the country's 2014 Lok Sabha election looming at the doorstep, Aamir Khan donned his social crusader role to highlight the immediate political situation of the world's second largest democracy.
To the shock of many, statistics revealed that at least 30 percent of Lok Sabha MPs and 31 percent of Rajya Sabha MPs have criminal cases pending against them including heinous crimes like murder, kidnapping, rape, dacoity, attempt to murder among others.
A moving case of an innocent girl being molested and murdered ruthlessly by a certain Raja Bhaiya, a local goon and heavy weight politician came out. However, the victim's parents defied all odds stood up and fought against Bhaiya, leading to the latter's conviction finally.
In the face of corrupt and criminal background politicians, Khan brought up the name of Ajit Sarkar, who was considered as an icon by locals of Purnea, Bihar for his clean, just and sincere image. Unfortunately, the people's politician and three-time MLA Sarkar met a brutal end as he was grisly murdered by opponent Pappu Yadav, who still remains free.
Several guests in the show informed cases of rigged voting and criminal politicians:
a) Political parties choose candidates with graver criminal background because of their strong manipulative capability.
b) Voters are lured with not just cash, but goods, liquor and food. Former Chief Election Commissioner SY Qureshi informed astronomical amounts of black money in the garb of fake weddings, parties and sums hidden in ambulance, funeral vans and car-doors which have been unearthed by the EC.
c) The politicians with serious crime records relish their status and consider it their 'market value' which would help them in elections.
d) Selling away votes by only lower income group is wrong notion as a poll by the show presented middle class people ready to sell their precious votes in exchange of goods such as electrical products.
e) Selling away vote only leads to further anarchy as greedy and selfish members are elected resulting in frauds, scams and corruption.
Khan finally urged citizens to consider the broader perspective while voting, since the system of discrepancies grows only when we give away our votes to the incompetent and wrong. He concludes requesting all to vote unbiased for the able and deserving candidates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James