Donald Trump Autism-Vaccination Controversy Stirs Twitter: Researches Defy His Theory
By Sonam Malik | March 30, 2014 8:19 PM EST
Donald Trump once again stirred controversy regarding autism-vaccination theory. The Celebrity Apprentice' host and real estate mogul has revealed his view on autism and he thinks that the ailment is caused due to high dosage of vaccination.
"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, and doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!" Donald wrote on Twitter, adding: "With autism being way up, what do we have to lose by having doctors give small dose vaccines vs. big pump doses into those tiny bodies?
He even went ahead and said that if he was the President he would make sure small children get proper vaccination and not one-time massive shots.
Trump's tweets were a reaction to a new report on rise of autism, which was revealed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report indicated that 30 percent increase in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in children in America, in last two years.
This is not the first time that Trump has created a controversy by linking autism to vaccination. Back in 2012, he has maintained the same stance in an interview with Fox News.
However, various researches have pointed out that vaccination in early years of childhood has nothing to do with autism.
Known adolescent psychologist Dr. Abbott revealed her views on Trump's theory. She said, " Parents with autistic children are concerned about this issue. Jenny McCarthy has been very vocal about her concerns with vaccines, but the latest evidence shows that autism is linked to genetics and that you can see changes in the brains of [unborn] babies that indicate changes occur in the second or third trimester," reported Hollywoodlife.
Moreover, a study conducted by CDC has also refuted any connection between vaccination and autism. The CDC report says that, "Vaccines are not associated with risk of autism".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June