Donald Trump Autism-Vaccination Controversy Stirs Twitter: Researches Defy His Theory
By Sonam Malik | March 30, 2014 8:19 PM EST
Donald Trump once again stirred controversy regarding autism-vaccination theory. The Celebrity Apprentice' host and real estate mogul has revealed his view on autism and he thinks that the ailment is caused due to high dosage of vaccination.
"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, and doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!" Donald wrote on Twitter, adding: "With autism being way up, what do we have to lose by having doctors give small dose vaccines vs. big pump doses into those tiny bodies?
He even went ahead and said that if he was the President he would make sure small children get proper vaccination and not one-time massive shots.
Trump's tweets were a reaction to a new report on rise of autism, which was revealed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report indicated that 30 percent increase in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in children in America, in last two years.
This is not the first time that Trump has created a controversy by linking autism to vaccination. Back in 2012, he has maintained the same stance in an interview with Fox News.
However, various researches have pointed out that vaccination in early years of childhood has nothing to do with autism.
Known adolescent psychologist Dr. Abbott revealed her views on Trump's theory. She said, " Parents with autistic children are concerned about this issue. Jenny McCarthy has been very vocal about her concerns with vaccines, but the latest evidence shows that autism is linked to genetics and that you can see changes in the brains of [unborn] babies that indicate changes occur in the second or third trimester," reported Hollywoodlife.
Moreover, a study conducted by CDC has also refuted any connection between vaccination and autism. The CDC report says that, "Vaccines are not associated with risk of autism".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’