IPL 2014 News: First India Cements Employee Withdrawn; Gavaskar Positive about League’s Future
By Shruthi SU | March 30, 2014 7:05 PM EST
India's logistics manager Satish A Menon is the first India Cements employee to be withdrawn following the Supreme Court (SC) orders to distance the company from BCCI for fair probing into the IPL corruption charges.
Sunny Gavaskar is willing to open a new innings with a straight bat. Reuters
Satish will take the next flight home as soon as his replacement joins the team in Dhaka. The SC had also ordered Sunil Gavaskar to take charge of the IPL 2014 having forced N Srinivasan, the vice-chairman and managing-director of India Cements, to step down as the BCCI president in the meanwhile.
"I would like to inform all of you that MA Satish will be going back to India as soon as the replacement for him joins the team. There has been a delay in the visa process for his replacement due to the weekend," a media release stated.
The weekend hasn't hindered Gavaskar's course of action as he assumed duty as the interim president of the BCCI. Quickly changing roles in the BCCI from commentator-analyst to an administrator, Gavaskar met IPL chairman Ranjib Biswal and the management staff in Dubai to get a brief of the inner-workings of the IPL 2014.
"I had a meeting with Ranjib Biswal - chairman, IPL, and the management staff, in Dubai, earlier today," Gavaskar said in a media release. "They briefed me on the various aspects related to the Pepsi IPL 2014, and updated me on the current status of this year's season, which will commence on 16 April 2014 in the UAE. I am confident that the upcoming season of the IPL 2014 will be a successful one," he added.
If the reliable master-blaster take cares of the money-spinner IPL, the senior-most vice-president of the BCCI and Hyderabad's very own Shivlal Yadav will be in charge of the non-IPL affairs till the court passes further notice.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’