IPL 2014 News: First India Cements Employee Withdrawn; Gavaskar Positive about League’s Future
By Shruthi SU | March 30, 2014 7:05 PM EST
India's logistics manager Satish A Menon is the first India Cements employee to be withdrawn following the Supreme Court (SC) orders to distance the company from BCCI for fair probing into the IPL corruption charges.
Sunny Gavaskar is willing to open a new innings with a straight bat. Reuters
Satish will take the next flight home as soon as his replacement joins the team in Dhaka. The SC had also ordered Sunil Gavaskar to take charge of the IPL 2014 having forced N Srinivasan, the vice-chairman and managing-director of India Cements, to step down as the BCCI president in the meanwhile.
"I would like to inform all of you that MA Satish will be going back to India as soon as the replacement for him joins the team. There has been a delay in the visa process for his replacement due to the weekend," a media release stated.
The weekend hasn't hindered Gavaskar's course of action as he assumed duty as the interim president of the BCCI. Quickly changing roles in the BCCI from commentator-analyst to an administrator, Gavaskar met IPL chairman Ranjib Biswal and the management staff in Dubai to get a brief of the inner-workings of the IPL 2014.
"I had a meeting with Ranjib Biswal - chairman, IPL, and the management staff, in Dubai, earlier today," Gavaskar said in a media release. "They briefed me on the various aspects related to the Pepsi IPL 2014, and updated me on the current status of this year's season, which will commence on 16 April 2014 in the UAE. I am confident that the upcoming season of the IPL 2014 will be a successful one," he added.
If the reliable master-blaster take cares of the money-spinner IPL, the senior-most vice-president of the BCCI and Hyderabad's very own Shivlal Yadav will be in charge of the non-IPL affairs till the court passes further notice.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James