IPL 2014 News: First India Cements Employee Withdrawn; Gavaskar Positive about League’s Future
By Shruthi SU | March 30, 2014 7:05 PM EST
India's logistics manager Satish A Menon is the first India Cements employee to be withdrawn following the Supreme Court (SC) orders to distance the company from BCCI for fair probing into the IPL corruption charges.
Sunny Gavaskar is willing to open a new innings with a straight bat. Reuters
Satish will take the next flight home as soon as his replacement joins the team in Dhaka. The SC had also ordered Sunil Gavaskar to take charge of the IPL 2014 having forced N Srinivasan, the vice-chairman and managing-director of India Cements, to step down as the BCCI president in the meanwhile.
"I would like to inform all of you that MA Satish will be going back to India as soon as the replacement for him joins the team. There has been a delay in the visa process for his replacement due to the weekend," a media release stated.
The weekend hasn't hindered Gavaskar's course of action as he assumed duty as the interim president of the BCCI. Quickly changing roles in the BCCI from commentator-analyst to an administrator, Gavaskar met IPL chairman Ranjib Biswal and the management staff in Dubai to get a brief of the inner-workings of the IPL 2014.
"I had a meeting with Ranjib Biswal - chairman, IPL, and the management staff, in Dubai, earlier today," Gavaskar said in a media release. "They briefed me on the various aspects related to the Pepsi IPL 2014, and updated me on the current status of this year's season, which will commence on 16 April 2014 in the UAE. I am confident that the upcoming season of the IPL 2014 will be a successful one," he added.
If the reliable master-blaster take cares of the money-spinner IPL, the senior-most vice-president of the BCCI and Hyderabad's very own Shivlal Yadav will be in charge of the non-IPL affairs till the court passes further notice.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?