‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’: New Addition and Returning Star-Cast Revealed at PaleyFest
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 30, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"The Shield" actor, Michael Chiklis, has been roped-in to star in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." The creators of "American Horror Story" made this big announcement at the PaleyFest on Friday. For the new season, the actors who are set to return in "some capacity" are Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe, Roberts, O'Hare, Jamie Brewer and Frances Conroy.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has confirmed that these actors are returning to star in the new season of "American Horror Story." At the PaleyFest, he also said that some actors who appeared in season one and two may return, as well.
Chiklis made a "surprise appearance" at the PaleyFest, THR reports. The actor did not spill any spoiler about his role in "Freak Show." "It's going to be crazy, and we're going to scare you," he said, as quoted by The Wrap.
The actor also said that when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story" "pitched the idea" to him," he had said to him, "I'm terrified, and I'm going to do it."
Murphy, who recently announced via Tweeter that Season 4 is subtitled "Freak Show," said that Chiklis' character will be the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and the father of Evan Peters' character.
"Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Fla., but the cast and crew will return to New Orleans to film the new season. The season four of FX's horror anthology series is set in the year1950. In one of his previous interviews, Murphy had said that the fourth season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary.
Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Jessica Lange's character will portray the role of a "German ex-pat." In her final "American Horror Story" appearance, Lange will be shown managing one of the final freak shows in the U.S.
Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are expected to play performers of the freak show. These performers have been rescued by Lange's character and they do "anything to keep their business around," according to Entertainment Weekly's report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand