‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’: New Addition and Returning Star-Cast Revealed at PaleyFest
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 30, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"The Shield" actor, Michael Chiklis, has been roped-in to star in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." The creators of "American Horror Story" made this big announcement at the PaleyFest on Friday. For the new season, the actors who are set to return in "some capacity" are Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe, Roberts, O'Hare, Jamie Brewer and Frances Conroy.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has confirmed that these actors are returning to star in the new season of "American Horror Story." At the PaleyFest, he also said that some actors who appeared in season one and two may return, as well.
Chiklis made a "surprise appearance" at the PaleyFest, THR reports. The actor did not spill any spoiler about his role in "Freak Show." "It's going to be crazy, and we're going to scare you," he said, as quoted by The Wrap.
The actor also said that when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story" "pitched the idea" to him," he had said to him, "I'm terrified, and I'm going to do it."
Murphy, who recently announced via Tweeter that Season 4 is subtitled "Freak Show," said that Chiklis' character will be the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and the father of Evan Peters' character.
"Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Fla., but the cast and crew will return to New Orleans to film the new season. The season four of FX's horror anthology series is set in the year1950. In one of his previous interviews, Murphy had said that the fourth season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary.
Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Jessica Lange's character will portray the role of a "German ex-pat." In her final "American Horror Story" appearance, Lange will be shown managing one of the final freak shows in the U.S.
Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are expected to play performers of the freak show. These performers have been rescued by Lange's character and they do "anything to keep their business around," according to Entertainment Weekly's report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People