‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’: New Addition and Returning Star-Cast Revealed at PaleyFest
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 30, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"The Shield" actor, Michael Chiklis, has been roped-in to star in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." The creators of "American Horror Story" made this big announcement at the PaleyFest on Friday. For the new season, the actors who are set to return in "some capacity" are Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe, Roberts, O'Hare, Jamie Brewer and Frances Conroy.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has confirmed that these actors are returning to star in the new season of "American Horror Story." At the PaleyFest, he also said that some actors who appeared in season one and two may return, as well.
Chiklis made a "surprise appearance" at the PaleyFest, THR reports. The actor did not spill any spoiler about his role in "Freak Show." "It's going to be crazy, and we're going to scare you," he said, as quoted by The Wrap.
The actor also said that when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story" "pitched the idea" to him," he had said to him, "I'm terrified, and I'm going to do it."
Murphy, who recently announced via Tweeter that Season 4 is subtitled "Freak Show," said that Chiklis' character will be the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and the father of Evan Peters' character.
"Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Fla., but the cast and crew will return to New Orleans to film the new season. The season four of FX's horror anthology series is set in the year1950. In one of his previous interviews, Murphy had said that the fourth season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary.
Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Jessica Lange's character will portray the role of a "German ex-pat." In her final "American Horror Story" appearance, Lange will be shown managing one of the final freak shows in the U.S.
Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are expected to play performers of the freak show. These performers have been rescued by Lange's character and they do "anything to keep their business around," according to Entertainment Weekly's report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe