‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’: New Addition and Returning Star-Cast Revealed at PaleyFest
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 30, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"The Shield" actor, Michael Chiklis, has been roped-in to star in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." The creators of "American Horror Story" made this big announcement at the PaleyFest on Friday. For the new season, the actors who are set to return in "some capacity" are Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe, Roberts, O'Hare, Jamie Brewer and Frances Conroy.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has confirmed that these actors are returning to star in the new season of "American Horror Story." At the PaleyFest, he also said that some actors who appeared in season one and two may return, as well.
Chiklis made a "surprise appearance" at the PaleyFest, THR reports. The actor did not spill any spoiler about his role in "Freak Show." "It's going to be crazy, and we're going to scare you," he said, as quoted by The Wrap.
The actor also said that when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story" "pitched the idea" to him," he had said to him, "I'm terrified, and I'm going to do it."
Murphy, who recently announced via Tweeter that Season 4 is subtitled "Freak Show," said that Chiklis' character will be the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and the father of Evan Peters' character.
"Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Fla., but the cast and crew will return to New Orleans to film the new season. The season four of FX's horror anthology series is set in the year1950. In one of his previous interviews, Murphy had said that the fourth season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary.
Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Jessica Lange's character will portray the role of a "German ex-pat." In her final "American Horror Story" appearance, Lange will be shown managing one of the final freak shows in the U.S.
Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are expected to play performers of the freak show. These performers have been rescued by Lange's character and they do "anything to keep their business around," according to Entertainment Weekly's report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage