‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’: New Addition and Returning Star-Cast Revealed at PaleyFest
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 30, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"The Shield" actor, Michael Chiklis, has been roped-in to star in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." The creators of "American Horror Story" made this big announcement at the PaleyFest on Friday. For the new season, the actors who are set to return in "some capacity" are Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe, Roberts, O'Hare, Jamie Brewer and Frances Conroy.
According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has confirmed that these actors are returning to star in the new season of "American Horror Story." At the PaleyFest, he also said that some actors who appeared in season one and two may return, as well.
Chiklis made a "surprise appearance" at the PaleyFest, THR reports. The actor did not spill any spoiler about his role in "Freak Show." "It's going to be crazy, and we're going to scare you," he said, as quoted by The Wrap.
The actor also said that when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story" "pitched the idea" to him," he had said to him, "I'm terrified, and I'm going to do it."
Murphy, who recently announced via Tweeter that Season 4 is subtitled "Freak Show," said that Chiklis' character will be the ex-husband of Kathy Bates' character and the father of Evan Peters' character.
"Freak Show" is set in Jupiter, Fla., but the cast and crew will return to New Orleans to film the new season. The season four of FX's horror anthology series is set in the year1950. In one of his previous interviews, Murphy had said that the fourth season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary.
Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Jessica Lange's character will portray the role of a "German ex-pat." In her final "American Horror Story" appearance, Lange will be shown managing one of the final freak shows in the U.S.
Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy are expected to play performers of the freak show. These performers have been rescued by Lange's character and they do "anything to keep their business around," according to Entertainment Weekly's report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate