'Kochadaiiyaan' Curtain Raiser: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan to Attend; Where to Watch Event Live
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 30, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Superstar Rajinikanth will be attending the curtain raiser event of the Hindi version of his upcoming film "Kochadaiiyaan" at Cinemax, Mumbai, on Sunday (30 March).
Interestringly, the makers of "Kochadaiiyaan" have planned to live stream the curtain raiser event online as a treat for Rajinikanth's fans worldwide.
Where to Watch Live
The event will be live streamed on Eros Now website on 30 March from 8.30 pm IST onwards.
The Hindi version trailer of "Kochadaiiyaan" will be released during the event. Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, also a good friend of Rajinikanth, will be the chief guest and will be launching the "Kochadaiiyaan" trailer. It may be recalled that Bollywood Baadshah Shah Rukh Khan did the honours of releasing "Kochadaiiyaan" songs in a grand audio launch event held in Chennai on 9 March.
The curtain raiser event in Mumbai will also witness the presence of Deepika Padukone, Sarathkumar and Jackie Shroff who appear in pivotal roles in the film.
Directed by debutante Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is deemed as India's first photorealistic performance capture film.
The epic drama film will have Rajinikanth appearing in dual roles. It will mark the return of the superstar after a span of nearly four years after his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
"Kochdaiiyaan" story and screenplay are written by director KS Ravikumar and the music is composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman.
The Rajinikanth starrer, made on a budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment. The film's first look posters, teaser, trailer and songs have been received well by the audience and have created a lot of hype surrounding the film.
The epic drama, which was slated to hit screens on 11 April, has reportedly been pushed to May. As per the latest reports, "Kochadaiiyaan" is expected to hit screens on 1 May. An official announcement on the film's exact release date is still awaited.
The Rajini starrer will be hitting theatres in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Punjabi and Marathi to cater to a wider audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features