'Kochadaiiyaan' Curtain Raiser: Rajinikanth, Amitabh Bachchan to Attend; Where to Watch Event Live
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 30, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Superstar Rajinikanth will be attending the curtain raiser event of the Hindi version of his upcoming film "Kochadaiiyaan" at Cinemax, Mumbai, on Sunday (30 March).
Interestringly, the makers of "Kochadaiiyaan" have planned to live stream the curtain raiser event online as a treat for Rajinikanth's fans worldwide.
Where to Watch Live
The event will be live streamed on Eros Now website on 30 March from 8.30 pm IST onwards.
The Hindi version trailer of "Kochadaiiyaan" will be released during the event. Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, also a good friend of Rajinikanth, will be the chief guest and will be launching the "Kochadaiiyaan" trailer. It may be recalled that Bollywood Baadshah Shah Rukh Khan did the honours of releasing "Kochadaiiyaan" songs in a grand audio launch event held in Chennai on 9 March.
The curtain raiser event in Mumbai will also witness the presence of Deepika Padukone, Sarathkumar and Jackie Shroff who appear in pivotal roles in the film.
Directed by debutante Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is deemed as India's first photorealistic performance capture film.
The epic drama film will have Rajinikanth appearing in dual roles. It will mark the return of the superstar after a span of nearly four years after his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
"Kochdaiiyaan" story and screenplay are written by director KS Ravikumar and the music is composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman.
The Rajinikanth starrer, made on a budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment. The film's first look posters, teaser, trailer and songs have been received well by the audience and have created a lot of hype surrounding the film.
The epic drama, which was slated to hit screens on 11 April, has reportedly been pushed to May. As per the latest reports, "Kochadaiiyaan" is expected to hit screens on 1 May. An official announcement on the film's exact release date is still awaited.
The Rajini starrer will be hitting theatres in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Punjabi and Marathi to cater to a wider audience.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2