Kids Have Spoken: Selena Gomez is Their Favourite Female Singer
By Annie Dee | March 30, 2014 4:45 PM EST
The kids have spoken. They want Selena Gomez over Taylor Swift as their Favourite Female Singer. Will this be another factor that can add fire to their feud? Can their icy feud become even icier? The fans of their friendship hope not, they were too heartbroken that the two have to go separate ways just because of Justin Bieber already. Certainly, they don't want their hopes of them becoming best friends again dashed just an award. Selena Gomez deserved the win though, as the kids themselves have voted for her.
Singers Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez arrive at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar party in West Hollywood, California, February 27, 2011.
Selenators apparently triumphed over the Swifities during the 2014 Kids' Choice Awards on March 29, as their love for their idol translates into Gomez winning the coveted orange blimp for Favourite Female Singer. The "Come and Get It" singer certainly left an impression on her kid fans over Swift and the other nominees.
Selena Gomez was so liked she even avoided getting slimed when she went up onstage to receive her award. As usual, Gomez was pretty and gorgeous, gracious and cheery when she thanked her fans in an emotional acceptance speech.
"You guys have been the most loyal, dedicated people in my life because you continuously every year bless me with the opportunity to do what I love," Selena said. "Thank you and this is for you."
Now that the kids have made their choice, hopefully Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift will not take this as a sign that they should continue fighting with each other. Fans of their friendship cannot help but wonder what Swift's reaction will be on Gomez's win if they were not fighting. There will have been a lot of hugs and jumping up and down for sure and fans would see how cute they are together.
However, because of their feud, fans are deprived of seeing their favorite girls being happy for each other. After all, both of them are too talented and pretty to be fighting. Taylor even called Selena the closest thing she has for a singer. But everything changed when Swift issued an ultimatum for Gomez to stop seeing Bieber and Gomez chose Bieber instead of Swift. Bieber did not do anything to alleviate the situation, calling Swift jealous and envious. Gomez added fuel to the fire by calling Swift petty for being childish about her reconciliation with Bieber.
"They did not leave it on good terms - it's very icy," Hollywood Life reports. "They both decided they need space."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast