Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram', Mohan Babu's 'Rowdy', other Telugu Releases in April 2014
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 30, 2014 3:58 PM EST
The summer is here and so are the big releases in Tollywood.
Several Telugu films are gearing up for release this April as a summer treat from cinema lovers.
Actor Nandamuri Balakrishna's "Legend," which hit the screens on 28 March, became the first big Telugu release of this summer. The film opened to fantastic response and is doing well at the box office.
With the success of "Legend," the summer has started off with a bang. Expectations are high for other biggies releasing in the coming days.
From "Rowdy" to "Race Gurram," here is the list of films slated to hit the screens in April.
Mohan Babu-Vishnu Manchu's "Rowdy" is all set to hit the screens on 4 April. The film has generated a lot of positive buzz ever since it went on floors.
Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, "Rowdy" is set in the arid landscapes of the faction ridden Rayalaseema region. Mohan Babu will reportedly appear in the most-powerful role that he has ever enacted in his film career. Vishnu Manchu, Shanvi Srivastav, Kishore, Tanikella Bharani and Ravi Babu will appear in pivotal roles in the film.
"Rowdy" also marks the return of yesteryear hit pair Mohan Babu and Jayasudha.
The high-voltage action entertainer has been cleared with an "A" certificate without any cuts from the censor board. The film is gearing up for a big release worldwide on 4 April. The RGV directorial will hit the screens with English subtitles to cater to a wider audience.
The film's music is scored by Sai Karthik. The action entertainer is produced by Parthasarathy, Gajendra and Vijaykumar under the AV Pictures banner and will be presented by 24 Frames Factory.
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014.
Directed by Surender Reddy, the big budget action entertainer will have Allu Arjun and Shruti Haasan in lead roles. The other cast members include Shaam, Saloni, Prakash Raj, Sayaji Shinde, Mukesh Rishi, Ravi Kishan and Brahmanandam.
"Race Gurram" is carrying lot of expectations as the film stars Allu Arjun in it. The first look posters, teaser and trailer have been received well by the audience. The film's songs, composed by Thaman, have turned out to be chartbusters.
The post production work of the Allu Arjun starrer is going on in full swing. The film's makers are planning to get the first cut ready by 31 March and the action entertainer is expected to get censored soon.
"Race Gurram" is all set for a big release on 11 April.
Nayanthara's "Anaamika," the Telugu remake of the Hindi film "Kahaani," is expected to release in April.
The film, directed by Sekhar Kammula, has Pasupathy and Vaibhav in pivotal roles. Nayanthara will be reprising the role played by Vidya Balan in the original version.
"Anaamika" is carrying good buzz considering that the original version did well at the box office. It remains to be seen if the Telugu remake will be able to recreate the magic of "Kahaani."
The Nayanthara starrer is expected to hit the screens on 18 or 25 April. The Tamil version of the film titled "Nee Enge En Anbe" is also likely to release on the same day as the Telugu version.
"Jenda Pai Kapiraju"
Nani's "Jenda Pai Kapiraju" is slated to hit the screens on 25 April.
Directed by Samuthirakani, "Jenda Pai Kapiraju" deals with corruption. The film's Tamil version titled "Nimirndhu Nil," which released on 8 March, received positive reviews from critics.
The Jayam Ravi starrer (Tamil version) is still doing decent business at the box office. The Telugu version is also expected to perform well.
Nani will be reprising the role did by Jayam Ravi in the Tamil version. The action thriller flick is Nani's third release of the year. The actor had two releases in the last two months - "Aaha Kalyanam" and "Paisa." Both the films failed to set the cash registers ringing.
Nani will be hoping to score a hit with "Jenda Kai Kapiraju." The film will have Amala Paul as the female lead, while other cast members includes Ragini Dwivedi, Sarathkumar, Nassar, Tanikella Bharani and Vennela Kishore.
Besides these films, there are several Telugu releases including Sampoornesh Babu's "Hrudaya Kaleyam" (4 April), Vishal's "Indrudu" (Tamil dub on 12 or 18 April), Allu Naresh's "Laddu Babu" (18 April), Charmee's "Pratighatana" (18 April), Allu Sirish's "Kotha Janta" (25 April) and Lakshmi Manchu's "Chandamama Kathalu" (18 April) among others.
Rajinikanth's "Vikramasimha," which was expected to hit theatres on 11 April, has reportedly been pushed to May.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013