Apple Japan Supplier Revealed 5.5-Inch Display, Possibly for iPhone 6?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:55 PM EST
The anticipation for the upcoming iPhone 6 to be launched September this year continue to rise. Japan Display, one of Apples major of higher-resolution LCD screen announced a 5.5-inch display that tech geeks speculate to be iPhone 6's screen.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23.
The display hinted by Apple's Japanese supplier matches earlier rumours of what the iPhone 6's screen would look like. The new handset is expected to have a larger screen than its 4-inch predecessor and would come in two versions; one with 4.7-inches display, while the other with 5.5-inches.
Japan Display recently cited that it has developed 5.5-inch-wide Quad WQHD display that comes with a 1,440x 2,560 p resolution, the specification matches speculations of iPhone 6 to have a higher resolution than of the current iPhone 5S according to the CNET report.
Japan Display's announcement has been reported in a Tokyo-based news agency Nikkei. The news agency also hinted that Apple ordered liquid crystal display panels from Sharp, Japan Display, and LG Display, and manufacturers are on their way producing fingerprint sensors and chips for liquid-crystal drivers.
Following the launch of Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Korean giant taking the world's biggest market share in terms of Smartphone sales, Apple is making efforts to reach emerging markets by offering the iPhone 5c for a "cheaper" cost. However, despite reports that the phone was a flop, iPhone 5c outsold other Android flagships of fourth quarter, a source say.
The release of the iPhone 6 may be a regaining moment for Apple, but the company is definitely way far from being out of the game with many great products on their helm.
The Vice President of NPD DisplaySearch, Paul Semenza said that there is a chance for Apple to use the Japan Display product for the iPhone 6 although did not confirm the rumour in CNET's email query.
Whether the screen launched by Japan Display will be the one Apple will be using for the iPhone 6, Apple fans surely cannot wait to get their hands on the new flagship. Since the phone will be released with a few months from now, other brands still have plenty to time to create a buzz while the iPhone 6 is not yet available to steal all of the spotlight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks