Apple Japan Supplier Revealed 5.5-Inch Display, Possibly for iPhone 6?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:55 PM EST
The anticipation for the upcoming iPhone 6 to be launched September this year continue to rise. Japan Display, one of Apples major of higher-resolution LCD screen announced a 5.5-inch display that tech geeks speculate to be iPhone 6's screen.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23.
The display hinted by Apple's Japanese supplier matches earlier rumours of what the iPhone 6's screen would look like. The new handset is expected to have a larger screen than its 4-inch predecessor and would come in two versions; one with 4.7-inches display, while the other with 5.5-inches.
Japan Display recently cited that it has developed 5.5-inch-wide Quad WQHD display that comes with a 1,440x 2,560 p resolution, the specification matches speculations of iPhone 6 to have a higher resolution than of the current iPhone 5S according to the CNET report.
Japan Display's announcement has been reported in a Tokyo-based news agency Nikkei. The news agency also hinted that Apple ordered liquid crystal display panels from Sharp, Japan Display, and LG Display, and manufacturers are on their way producing fingerprint sensors and chips for liquid-crystal drivers.
Following the launch of Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Korean giant taking the world's biggest market share in terms of Smartphone sales, Apple is making efforts to reach emerging markets by offering the iPhone 5c for a "cheaper" cost. However, despite reports that the phone was a flop, iPhone 5c outsold other Android flagships of fourth quarter, a source say.
The release of the iPhone 6 may be a regaining moment for Apple, but the company is definitely way far from being out of the game with many great products on their helm.
The Vice President of NPD DisplaySearch, Paul Semenza said that there is a chance for Apple to use the Japan Display product for the iPhone 6 although did not confirm the rumour in CNET's email query.
Whether the screen launched by Japan Display will be the one Apple will be using for the iPhone 6, Apple fans surely cannot wait to get their hands on the new flagship. Since the phone will be released with a few months from now, other brands still have plenty to time to create a buzz while the iPhone 6 is not yet available to steal all of the spotlight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness