Apple Japan Supplier Revealed 5.5-Inch Display, Possibly for iPhone 6?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:55 PM EST
The anticipation for the upcoming iPhone 6 to be launched September this year continue to rise. Japan Display, one of Apples major of higher-resolution LCD screen announced a 5.5-inch display that tech geeks speculate to be iPhone 6's screen.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones are seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23.
The display hinted by Apple's Japanese supplier matches earlier rumours of what the iPhone 6's screen would look like. The new handset is expected to have a larger screen than its 4-inch predecessor and would come in two versions; one with 4.7-inches display, while the other with 5.5-inches.
Japan Display recently cited that it has developed 5.5-inch-wide Quad WQHD display that comes with a 1,440x 2,560 p resolution, the specification matches speculations of iPhone 6 to have a higher resolution than of the current iPhone 5S according to the CNET report.
Japan Display's announcement has been reported in a Tokyo-based news agency Nikkei. The news agency also hinted that Apple ordered liquid crystal display panels from Sharp, Japan Display, and LG Display, and manufacturers are on their way producing fingerprint sensors and chips for liquid-crystal drivers.
Following the launch of Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Korean giant taking the world's biggest market share in terms of Smartphone sales, Apple is making efforts to reach emerging markets by offering the iPhone 5c for a "cheaper" cost. However, despite reports that the phone was a flop, iPhone 5c outsold other Android flagships of fourth quarter, a source say.
The release of the iPhone 6 may be a regaining moment for Apple, but the company is definitely way far from being out of the game with many great products on their helm.
The Vice President of NPD DisplaySearch, Paul Semenza said that there is a chance for Apple to use the Japan Display product for the iPhone 6 although did not confirm the rumour in CNET's email query.
Whether the screen launched by Japan Display will be the one Apple will be using for the iPhone 6, Apple fans surely cannot wait to get their hands on the new flagship. Since the phone will be released with a few months from now, other brands still have plenty to time to create a buzz while the iPhone 6 is not yet available to steal all of the spotlight.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James