Oso Much Hope: Action Sports Shop in Downtown Arlington Displays Washington Mudslide Support T-Shirts [PHOTOS]
March 30, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Oso Much Hope: Action Sports Shop in Downtown Arlington Displays Oso Mudslide Support T-Shirts
"Oso Much Hope" printed on the Oso mudslide support t-shirts in downtown Arlington, Washington in the U.S. proves that people are still clinging to positive thoughts despite the devastation that hang above everyone's head like thick black clouds.
Even if reports say that the weather is making it harder for the rescue teams to go through the debris and mud brought by the 600-foot hill that collapsed and washed out 47 homes in Oso, hope is still in the hearts of the people of the Washington state.
On Friday, March 28, as more rescuers sift through debris and mud, more people also came to visit the action sports shop in downtown Arlington to check the displays of Oso mudslide support t-shirts. April Clark, Lindley Latham and Jordan Latham were just three of the people named by Reuters who dropped by and tried on the t-shirts.
With the bad weather adding to the rescue operation, the rescuers are reported to be losing hope. The rescue teams are drenched by rains and strong winds, adding to the difficulty of going through the square-mile (2.6 sq km) heap of mud-caked debris and muck.
The Oso mudslide t-shirts, however, encourages everyone not to lose hope. In fact, a Web site called booster that raises money, awareness and spirits is doing a t-shirt fundraiser for all the victims of the mudslide. For $15, anyone can buy a pair of "Oso Much Hope" t-shirt and the sales will go straight to the North Countries Relief Fund.
The said Web site is also telling everyone to spread the word on social media. The main goal of the organizers of the campaign is to sell 150 shirts and be able to extend help to the relief operations.
As of the moment, the number of missing persons has dropped to 90 from the initial report of 176 people missing. The death toll is 17, which meant 3 were added from the previous tally of 14. Reports, though, stated that 9 more individuals have been located in the rubble by the rescue teams but the county officials would not revise the tally until the bodies go through the process of examination and proper identification.
Washington Mudslide Updates:
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Explosion in Canada Damages Building, Five Injured
- 15-year-old's 'Impressive' Letter Adds To Online Support For Emma Watson
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate