Adam Levine Death Due to Drug Overdose—Hoax!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 30, 2014 3:53 PM EST
The much loved frontman of the band Maroon 5 was reported to be dead on arrival at a hospital after suffering from complications due to an apparent drug overdose. The shocking news that has been spread by thousands of Facebook users on the internet has spread like wildfire-much to the dismay of Adam Levine's camp.
Adam Levine, lead singer of Maroon 5 has been named the Sexiest Man of 2013 by People Magazine
However, fans of the hunky singer and "The Voice" judge can breathe easily now as the reported news, which claims to be from Yahoo, is just pure hoax. According to reports, when a user clicks the suspicious link, no relevant or pertinent news will be given to the user; instead the site will direct the user to another site.
The link also claims to have video footage of the gruesome death of the lead singer, prompting many fans to believe the veracity of the news link.
However, the real deal behind the Adam Levine Death by Drug Overdose is that when users click on the suspicious link, the user will be taken to a website that looks like Facebook, which will then entice the reader to "like" or "share" the post before they can access the real news about the 'death', thereby wholistically ensuring the spread of the hoax on the internet.
Once a user finishes all of the stages to access the 'real information or news about the actor", the user will then be presented with bogus surveys aimed to just phish out personal information about the user. Therefore, it is recommended that users exercise caution when confronted with very suspicious links like this.
Some other versions of the disconcerting Adam Levine death hoax includes prompting users to actually download potentially malicious software. Some allow rogue Facebook apps to get hold of the accounts of the users.
Hence, if you have been victimized by this kind of viral hoax, you should first delete it from your page to avoid your Facebook friends falling prey to the scam. Secondly, you must 'unlike' the page so that it does not send updates. You can do so by going to your Facebook application settings page. From there, you shall see a list of applications you have accessed. Hover your mouse over the "X" which will permanently delete your access to the suspicious link.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier