Adam Levine Death Due to Drug Overdose—Hoax!
By charmaine corne clutton | March 30, 2014 3:53 PM EST
The much loved frontman of the band Maroon 5 was reported to be dead on arrival at a hospital after suffering from complications due to an apparent drug overdose. The shocking news that has been spread by thousands of Facebook users on the internet has spread like wildfire-much to the dismay of Adam Levine's camp.
Adam Levine, lead singer of Maroon 5 has been named the Sexiest Man of 2013 by People Magazine
However, fans of the hunky singer and "The Voice" judge can breathe easily now as the reported news, which claims to be from Yahoo, is just pure hoax. According to reports, when a user clicks the suspicious link, no relevant or pertinent news will be given to the user; instead the site will direct the user to another site.
The link also claims to have video footage of the gruesome death of the lead singer, prompting many fans to believe the veracity of the news link.
However, the real deal behind the Adam Levine Death by Drug Overdose is that when users click on the suspicious link, the user will be taken to a website that looks like Facebook, which will then entice the reader to "like" or "share" the post before they can access the real news about the 'death', thereby wholistically ensuring the spread of the hoax on the internet.
Once a user finishes all of the stages to access the 'real information or news about the actor", the user will then be presented with bogus surveys aimed to just phish out personal information about the user. Therefore, it is recommended that users exercise caution when confronted with very suspicious links like this.
Some other versions of the disconcerting Adam Levine death hoax includes prompting users to actually download potentially malicious software. Some allow rogue Facebook apps to get hold of the accounts of the users.
Hence, if you have been victimized by this kind of viral hoax, you should first delete it from your page to avoid your Facebook friends falling prey to the scam. Secondly, you must 'unlike' the page so that it does not send updates. You can do so by going to your Facebook application settings page. From there, you shall see a list of applications you have accessed. Hover your mouse over the "X" which will permanently delete your access to the suspicious link.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around