Russell Crowe Takes on ‘Noah’ Critiques, Film Predicted to be Major Hit in Box-Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:51 PM EST
The release of the Biblical epic "Noah" sparked more criticisms from the religious groups and film critiques alike, but Russell Crowe, the film's lead is fast defending his film, telling some critics to watch the film first before making their judgement.
Cast member Russell Crowe attends the U.S. premiere of \"Noah\" in New York March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
The "Noah" controversy is not new though, with the film receiving numerous backlashes since the movie started filming, Crowe shares that the last 12 to 14 months had been difficult for the "Noah" crew and cast to receive criticisms from the audiences who dismissed the movie basing on controversies.
The Biblical epic has also been criticised by the Jewish and Christian communities for "biblical inaccuracies." In the Muslim world on the other hand banned "Noah" claiming that the film losing the essence of God in exchange of "person worship."
Despite all the controversies the film is receiving recently, it did not fail to shake the box-office with $1.6 million in premiere. Though behind "300: Rise of an Empire" grossing $3.3 million in first showing, "Noah" is predicted to show big promise in ticket sales and believed to reach $35 million mark in its first week in the US theatres.
On Thursday, March 27, "Noah" swept the Australian cinemas with $750,000 in premiere. The film is also a strong contender in the international cinemas such as Mexico and South Korea where the film was first released.
"Noah" is reported to take "Divergent's" top spot over the weeked. The young-adult movie received plenty of positive reviews and is expected to be the next "Twilight Saga." Moreover, the good sales "Noah" is receiving upon international release prove that controversies and criticisms will not be able to wreck to the "ark" of "Noah." Box-office watchers continue to update on how far the movie will reach in terms of audience and profit success.
Vanity Fair agreed that Russell Crowe's acting on the film is moving, as well as Emma Watsons. The film review Web site Rotten Tomatoes showed "Noah" with 4 stars, equivalent to 76% positive rating.
Did you watch "Noah?" What do you think about the film?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]