Russell Crowe Takes on ‘Noah’ Critiques, Film Predicted to be Major Hit in Box-Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:51 PM EST
The release of the Biblical epic "Noah" sparked more criticisms from the religious groups and film critiques alike, but Russell Crowe, the film's lead is fast defending his film, telling some critics to watch the film first before making their judgement.
Cast member Russell Crowe attends the U.S. premiere of \"Noah\" in New York March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
The "Noah" controversy is not new though, with the film receiving numerous backlashes since the movie started filming, Crowe shares that the last 12 to 14 months had been difficult for the "Noah" crew and cast to receive criticisms from the audiences who dismissed the movie basing on controversies.
The Biblical epic has also been criticised by the Jewish and Christian communities for "biblical inaccuracies." In the Muslim world on the other hand banned "Noah" claiming that the film losing the essence of God in exchange of "person worship."
Despite all the controversies the film is receiving recently, it did not fail to shake the box-office with $1.6 million in premiere. Though behind "300: Rise of an Empire" grossing $3.3 million in first showing, "Noah" is predicted to show big promise in ticket sales and believed to reach $35 million mark in its first week in the US theatres.
On Thursday, March 27, "Noah" swept the Australian cinemas with $750,000 in premiere. The film is also a strong contender in the international cinemas such as Mexico and South Korea where the film was first released.
"Noah" is reported to take "Divergent's" top spot over the weeked. The young-adult movie received plenty of positive reviews and is expected to be the next "Twilight Saga." Moreover, the good sales "Noah" is receiving upon international release prove that controversies and criticisms will not be able to wreck to the "ark" of "Noah." Box-office watchers continue to update on how far the movie will reach in terms of audience and profit success.
Vanity Fair agreed that Russell Crowe's acting on the film is moving, as well as Emma Watsons. The film review Web site Rotten Tomatoes showed "Noah" with 4 stars, equivalent to 76% positive rating.
Did you watch "Noah?" What do you think about the film?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase