Russell Crowe Takes on ‘Noah’ Critiques, Film Predicted to be Major Hit in Box-Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:51 PM EST
The release of the Biblical epic "Noah" sparked more criticisms from the religious groups and film critiques alike, but Russell Crowe, the film's lead is fast defending his film, telling some critics to watch the film first before making their judgement.
Cast member Russell Crowe attends the U.S. premiere of \"Noah\" in New York March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
The "Noah" controversy is not new though, with the film receiving numerous backlashes since the movie started filming, Crowe shares that the last 12 to 14 months had been difficult for the "Noah" crew and cast to receive criticisms from the audiences who dismissed the movie basing on controversies.
The Biblical epic has also been criticised by the Jewish and Christian communities for "biblical inaccuracies." In the Muslim world on the other hand banned "Noah" claiming that the film losing the essence of God in exchange of "person worship."
Despite all the controversies the film is receiving recently, it did not fail to shake the box-office with $1.6 million in premiere. Though behind "300: Rise of an Empire" grossing $3.3 million in first showing, "Noah" is predicted to show big promise in ticket sales and believed to reach $35 million mark in its first week in the US theatres.
On Thursday, March 27, "Noah" swept the Australian cinemas with $750,000 in premiere. The film is also a strong contender in the international cinemas such as Mexico and South Korea where the film was first released.
"Noah" is reported to take "Divergent's" top spot over the weeked. The young-adult movie received plenty of positive reviews and is expected to be the next "Twilight Saga." Moreover, the good sales "Noah" is receiving upon international release prove that controversies and criticisms will not be able to wreck to the "ark" of "Noah." Box-office watchers continue to update on how far the movie will reach in terms of audience and profit success.
Vanity Fair agreed that Russell Crowe's acting on the film is moving, as well as Emma Watsons. The film review Web site Rotten Tomatoes showed "Noah" with 4 stars, equivalent to 76% positive rating.
Did you watch "Noah?" What do you think about the film?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'