Russell Crowe Takes on ‘Noah’ Critiques, Film Predicted to be Major Hit in Box-Office Sales
By Jenille Cristy Maido | March 30, 2014 3:51 PM EST
The release of the Biblical epic "Noah" sparked more criticisms from the religious groups and film critiques alike, but Russell Crowe, the film's lead is fast defending his film, telling some critics to watch the film first before making their judgement.
Cast member Russell Crowe attends the U.S. premiere of \"Noah\" in New York March 26, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
The "Noah" controversy is not new though, with the film receiving numerous backlashes since the movie started filming, Crowe shares that the last 12 to 14 months had been difficult for the "Noah" crew and cast to receive criticisms from the audiences who dismissed the movie basing on controversies.
The Biblical epic has also been criticised by the Jewish and Christian communities for "biblical inaccuracies." In the Muslim world on the other hand banned "Noah" claiming that the film losing the essence of God in exchange of "person worship."
Despite all the controversies the film is receiving recently, it did not fail to shake the box-office with $1.6 million in premiere. Though behind "300: Rise of an Empire" grossing $3.3 million in first showing, "Noah" is predicted to show big promise in ticket sales and believed to reach $35 million mark in its first week in the US theatres.
On Thursday, March 27, "Noah" swept the Australian cinemas with $750,000 in premiere. The film is also a strong contender in the international cinemas such as Mexico and South Korea where the film was first released.
"Noah" is reported to take "Divergent's" top spot over the weeked. The young-adult movie received plenty of positive reviews and is expected to be the next "Twilight Saga." Moreover, the good sales "Noah" is receiving upon international release prove that controversies and criticisms will not be able to wreck to the "ark" of "Noah." Box-office watchers continue to update on how far the movie will reach in terms of audience and profit success.
Vanity Fair agreed that Russell Crowe's acting on the film is moving, as well as Emma Watsons. The film review Web site Rotten Tomatoes showed "Noah" with 4 stars, equivalent to 76% positive rating.
Did you watch "Noah?" What do you think about the film?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown