Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Rooted by ChainFire with Auto-Root Solution Kit; Other Variants To Be Supported Soon
By Ryan Inoyori | March 30, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Famous Android developer Chainfire found a way to gain root access for the Samsung Galaxy S5 using Auto Root solution kit. Chainfire gained access to the stock firmware after taking some days in order to test it with Samsung Knox security suite.
Chainfire Auto Root Solution
Android developer Chainfire finally made Auto Root solution tool kit to work for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F or the Qualcomm Snapdragon powered variant. According to Sam Mobile, Chainfire had access to the stock firmware and published the test results for the retail firmware.
As of the moment, only Galaxy S5 Snapdragon model is compatible with CF-Auto-Root app but other models will become supported after they are released in the market by April 11th. Root access will bring several benefits to your Android device at a cost of the current warranty and can only be brought back after resetting the flash counter.
CF Auto Root Solution
XDA senior moderator and developer Chainfire made the CF-Auto-Root solution for Galaxy S5 available online via XDA thread. CF-Auto-Root is designed for beginners who wants their device rooted and desires to keep the stock firmware. It is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmware and probably the quickest and easiest way to root a device.
What will be installed?
1. SuperSU binary and APK file
2. Stock recovery mode
- Check model number or it may brick the device
- ODIN flash tool
- CF-Auto-Root solution kit as PDA in ODIN
- Reboots into a modified recovery with red Android logo
- Installs SuperSU then restores stock recovery
- Increases flash counter
- Trips the warranty flag of Samsung KNOX Security suite
According to Chainfire, the red Android logo may not appear which means you need to manually reboot into the recovery mode using a command window on your computer or pressing and holding Power + Volume Up and Home keys simultaneously.
Moreover, the red Android logo may appear without the SuperSU which occurs at times. You may install SuperSU from the Google Play Store instead.
Advantages of Rooting
Rooting costs the warranty but there are several great things about rooting a device provided the tool kit works perfectly.
1. It allows you to install customised ROM from popular brands such as CyanogenMod and Slim ROM.
2. You may now install apps requiring root access from the Play Store.
3. Modify certain app access due to administrative privileges.
4. Enables personalisation using themes or new icon packs.
5. Use apps which can control processor clock speed.
In the coming weeks, Chainfire may release an updated version of the TriangleAway app which resets the flash counter on a Samsung Galaxy device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’