Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Rooted by ChainFire with Auto-Root Solution Kit; Other Variants To Be Supported Soon
By Ryan Inoyori | March 30, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Famous Android developer Chainfire found a way to gain root access for the Samsung Galaxy S5 using Auto Root solution kit. Chainfire gained access to the stock firmware after taking some days in order to test it with Samsung Knox security suite.
Chainfire Auto Root Solution
Android developer Chainfire finally made Auto Root solution tool kit to work for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F or the Qualcomm Snapdragon powered variant. According to Sam Mobile, Chainfire had access to the stock firmware and published the test results for the retail firmware.
As of the moment, only Galaxy S5 Snapdragon model is compatible with CF-Auto-Root app but other models will become supported after they are released in the market by April 11th. Root access will bring several benefits to your Android device at a cost of the current warranty and can only be brought back after resetting the flash counter.
CF Auto Root Solution
XDA senior moderator and developer Chainfire made the CF-Auto-Root solution for Galaxy S5 available online via XDA thread. CF-Auto-Root is designed for beginners who wants their device rooted and desires to keep the stock firmware. It is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmware and probably the quickest and easiest way to root a device.
What will be installed?
1. SuperSU binary and APK file
2. Stock recovery mode
- Check model number or it may brick the device
- ODIN flash tool
- CF-Auto-Root solution kit as PDA in ODIN
- Reboots into a modified recovery with red Android logo
- Installs SuperSU then restores stock recovery
- Increases flash counter
- Trips the warranty flag of Samsung KNOX Security suite
According to Chainfire, the red Android logo may not appear which means you need to manually reboot into the recovery mode using a command window on your computer or pressing and holding Power + Volume Up and Home keys simultaneously.
Moreover, the red Android logo may appear without the SuperSU which occurs at times. You may install SuperSU from the Google Play Store instead.
Advantages of Rooting
Rooting costs the warranty but there are several great things about rooting a device provided the tool kit works perfectly.
1. It allows you to install customised ROM from popular brands such as CyanogenMod and Slim ROM.
2. You may now install apps requiring root access from the Play Store.
3. Modify certain app access due to administrative privileges.
4. Enables personalisation using themes or new icon packs.
5. Use apps which can control processor clock speed.
In the coming weeks, Chainfire may release an updated version of the TriangleAway app which resets the flash counter on a Samsung Galaxy device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon