Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Rooted by ChainFire with Auto-Root Solution Kit; Other Variants To Be Supported Soon
By Ryan Inoyori | March 30, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Famous Android developer Chainfire found a way to gain root access for the Samsung Galaxy S5 using Auto Root solution kit. Chainfire gained access to the stock firmware after taking some days in order to test it with Samsung Knox security suite.
Chainfire Auto Root Solution
Android developer Chainfire finally made Auto Root solution tool kit to work for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F or the Qualcomm Snapdragon powered variant. According to Sam Mobile, Chainfire had access to the stock firmware and published the test results for the retail firmware.
As of the moment, only Galaxy S5 Snapdragon model is compatible with CF-Auto-Root app but other models will become supported after they are released in the market by April 11th. Root access will bring several benefits to your Android device at a cost of the current warranty and can only be brought back after resetting the flash counter.
CF Auto Root Solution
XDA senior moderator and developer Chainfire made the CF-Auto-Root solution for Galaxy S5 available online via XDA thread. CF-Auto-Root is designed for beginners who wants their device rooted and desires to keep the stock firmware. It is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmware and probably the quickest and easiest way to root a device.
What will be installed?
1. SuperSU binary and APK file
2. Stock recovery mode
- Check model number or it may brick the device
- ODIN flash tool
- CF-Auto-Root solution kit as PDA in ODIN
- Reboots into a modified recovery with red Android logo
- Installs SuperSU then restores stock recovery
- Increases flash counter
- Trips the warranty flag of Samsung KNOX Security suite
According to Chainfire, the red Android logo may not appear which means you need to manually reboot into the recovery mode using a command window on your computer or pressing and holding Power + Volume Up and Home keys simultaneously.
Moreover, the red Android logo may appear without the SuperSU which occurs at times. You may install SuperSU from the Google Play Store instead.
Advantages of Rooting
Rooting costs the warranty but there are several great things about rooting a device provided the tool kit works perfectly.
1. It allows you to install customised ROM from popular brands such as CyanogenMod and Slim ROM.
2. You may now install apps requiring root access from the Play Store.
3. Modify certain app access due to administrative privileges.
4. Enables personalisation using themes or new icon packs.
5. Use apps which can control processor clock speed.
In the coming weeks, Chainfire may release an updated version of the TriangleAway app which resets the flash counter on a Samsung Galaxy device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff