iPhone 6 September Release Date: 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch Models Confirmed By Schematics In China As New Upgrade Cycle
By Ryan Inoyori | March 30, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 is soon to be released around September 2014 and new developments have also leaked from a schematic in China. It reveals two variants of iPhone 6 having 4.7 and 5.5 inch models with higher resolution implicating new upgrade cycles.
New Schematics from China
French Web site Nowhereelse caught a copy of iPhone 6 schematics from China and it reveals the dimensions of two variants having larger screen displays compared to iPhone 5S and previous iPhone models.
1. iPhone Phablet - Measures 150 mm long with wideness of 85 mm which is bigger compared to 123 mm and 58.6 mm of the current iPhone 5S. If compared, it has a similar size with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 having 5.7-inch display. Schematic also revealed at least 5 inches of screen dimension diagonally.
2. iPhone Handset - Probably the flagship release which features 4.7-inch display screen contrast to the 5.5-inch phablet variant.
New schematics from China remain rumoured information and even though it has the Apple logo and affix designs for iPhone devices, there is no way to tell for sure if real or another fake documentation leaking online.
Mother lode and Upgrade Cycle
iPhone 6 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch models are going to become the new mother lode of upgrade cycles for Apple's smartphone pride starting in 2014. Brian Marshall at ISI tipped out that having larger screen displays for iPhone will bring bigger sales from existing customers and even attract those device users of Android or Windows Phone.
"Large-screen envy is prevalent among the iPhone installed base and we believe a 5 inch form factor iPhone would spark a massive upgrade cycle as well as many Android switchers returning back to the iPhone," said by ISI according to Business Insider.
Moreover, Samsung's foundation on phablet devices called Galaxy Note features more than just bigger screens but also unique functions using the S Pen for live editing, multimedia and office related tasks.
According to Nikkei, iPhones having larger screen display will also come with higher display resolution and probably at least 1080p full HD if not 2K.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be released around September 2014 and will run the upcoming new iOS version 8 which may appear at Apple Worldwide Developers Conference starting from June 10th to 14th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast