iPhone 6 September Release Date: 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch Models Confirmed By Schematics In China As New Upgrade Cycle
By Ryan Inoyori | March 30, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 is soon to be released around September 2014 and new developments have also leaked from a schematic in China. It reveals two variants of iPhone 6 having 4.7 and 5.5 inch models with higher resolution implicating new upgrade cycles.
New Schematics from China
French Web site Nowhereelse caught a copy of iPhone 6 schematics from China and it reveals the dimensions of two variants having larger screen displays compared to iPhone 5S and previous iPhone models.
1. iPhone Phablet - Measures 150 mm long with wideness of 85 mm which is bigger compared to 123 mm and 58.6 mm of the current iPhone 5S. If compared, it has a similar size with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 having 5.7-inch display. Schematic also revealed at least 5 inches of screen dimension diagonally.
2. iPhone Handset - Probably the flagship release which features 4.7-inch display screen contrast to the 5.5-inch phablet variant.
New schematics from China remain rumoured information and even though it has the Apple logo and affix designs for iPhone devices, there is no way to tell for sure if real or another fake documentation leaking online.
Mother lode and Upgrade Cycle
iPhone 6 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch models are going to become the new mother lode of upgrade cycles for Apple's smartphone pride starting in 2014. Brian Marshall at ISI tipped out that having larger screen displays for iPhone will bring bigger sales from existing customers and even attract those device users of Android or Windows Phone.
"Large-screen envy is prevalent among the iPhone installed base and we believe a 5 inch form factor iPhone would spark a massive upgrade cycle as well as many Android switchers returning back to the iPhone," said by ISI according to Business Insider.
Moreover, Samsung's foundation on phablet devices called Galaxy Note features more than just bigger screens but also unique functions using the S Pen for live editing, multimedia and office related tasks.
According to Nikkei, iPhones having larger screen display will also come with higher display resolution and probably at least 1080p full HD if not 2K.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be released around September 2014 and will run the upcoming new iOS version 8 which may appear at Apple Worldwide Developers Conference starting from June 10th to 14th.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report