Apple's iPhone 6 Design Confirmed through Leak: What Will the Next iPhone look like?
By Precious Silva | March 30, 2014 12:57 PM EST
Reports about Apple's iPhone 6 continue to spring up. Whereas previous information only consisted of prediction and leaks from anonymous sources, it seems people can see what the iPhone looks like finally. A recent leak comes with a picture of the alleged device. The schematic sheds light on what people can expect from the next flagship phone. Is this truly the iPhone 6 everyone has been keen on looking at?
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
Throughout the past few weeks, a number of reports and predictions remain consistent about the iPhone 6. One of these is that it will come in two sizes: a 4.7 variant and a 5.5 edition. As mentioned, the leaked document offers a schematic of the device. It also suggests that Apple is indeed working on a 5.5-inch version.
The leak was reported by BGR. A Chinese website posted a diagram while a French blog, Nowhereelse.fr, also propped it up. The blog site has a good track record of putting out leaked tech details. It has earned a reputation for being consistent with leaked images prior to their actual launch. The diagram reveals the dimensions for one of the iPhone 6 models.
According to the report, the length of the device is around 5.9 inches. Its width is around 3.3 inches. This is a considerable enhancement from the dimensions of the iPhone 5s. The iPhone 5s measures 4.87 inches by 2.32 inches.
If Apple will push through with the size on the diagram, this will make the iPhone 6 larger than the latest HTC One. The HTC One comes with a 5-inch display. It also measures 5.7 by 2.7 inches. The diagram indicates that the latest iPhone model will offer a new phablet on the market. It appears Apple will be venturing into the hybrid industry.
Apple has stayed away previously from the larger handset group. The company kept to its series of handsets. However, analysts also noted before that if the company tried foraying into hybrids, it may be able to get additional market share.
Samsung started the hybrid/phablet trend back in 2011 when it released the Galaxy Note spanning 5.3 inches. Tech manufacturers like LG, Nokia and HTC followed suit. Mashable also reported that the iPhone 6 will be featuring more fitness functions and improved mapping.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists