Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Note 2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Guide
By Precious Silva | March 30, 2014 11:56 AM EST
Each year Google releases a new Android version, smartphone users have to wait when the official roll out to their devices will be. This has been a constant concern among Samsung handset owners. Currently, the concern is on the roll out of the Android 4.4 KitKat series and its sub version, the Android 4.4.2. Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note have started receiving the update but when will other Samsung products receive the official release?
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Samsung aficionados may already have an idea on the update history of the company. As mentioned, the company has been rolling out the update to both the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3. Looking at Samsung's list of devices, the inventory is large. It can take a while for the tech giant to complete it. However, despite those considerations, it appears Samsung will be skipping the Android 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S3.
The past few weeks have been hazy for Galaxy S3 owners. There were countless reports predicting the release of Android 4.4.2 for the handset. However, the update did not materialize. Previously, Samsung provided a list of devices getting Android 4.4 KitKat. The list featured Samsung Galaxy S3. However, when Samsung Poland finalized its list of devices for KitKat, the Galaxy S3 was not part of it.
G for Games reported about a Polish blogger getting in touch with a Samsung spokesperson. According to the person, Samsung Galaxy S3 international model will not have Android 4.4.2. The device's RAM cannot handle the update. Samsung Galaxy S3 in the United States comes with a Qualcomm CPU plus 2GB Ram whereas the international version ships with an Exynos SoC plus 1 GB of RAM.
Fortunately for Sprint users, the company announced that the Samsung Galaxy S3 devices under it will have the KitKat. There are no exact dates released yet. Samsung Arabia also posted on its Facebook account that they will release the Android 4.4 update to Galaxy S3 at the end of March. There are no updates on that yet.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users will have to wait for announcements as well. For those who cannot wait for the official update, there are custom ROMs available although extreme precaution is advised.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build