Titanfall Updates: First DLC Priced, Modes are Free, and New Matchmaking System in Progress
By Gel Galang | March 30, 2014 10:22 AM EST
Now that the anti-cheating system for Titanfall has been enforced and has exhibited a rather intensely amusing and thought-provoking look on cheating (will you or won't you?--it's actually a big question here), developer Respawn has turned towards the next installment of the game.
Or rather, towards the first DLC expansion, which Respawn boss Vince Zapella has responded to a fan query over at Twitter.
Spotted by IGN, a fan has asked when the first DLC will be coming out and how much it will cost, to which Zampella responded, "Don't think we've announced a date, cost is $10 US."
It seem that the first DLC will be a paid one, since Respawn has also announce that Titanfall's follow-up content will include both free and paid DLCs. What will come for free alongside the Season Pass are free updates.
This was confirmed by Zampella also via Twitter, as spotted by Gamerant. Following a fan's statement on wanting new modes for the next big update (and not the promised paid DLC), Zampella tweeted, "Modes we release will be free to all, not part of DLC."
Matchmaking for skills in Titanfall
"The game finds teammates and opponents for you by using this skill data. After we build teams and those two teams play a few matches, it is usually very clear which team is better. However, we weren't taking full advantage of this information," said Respawn in the official Titanfall web site.
This is why the developers made a recent change, particularly in two areas. The first is that searching for teammates and opponents will take more time to ensure that there is good skill level match among the players. Respawn hopes that this would create better teams and closer games in general.
The second change is that teams can change periodically and toss your team with another team that's different from the one you've been playing against. This not only gives you a better suited opponent for the next round, it will eliminate the chances of a fairly weak team that keeps losing to a team that does not have a similar skill match. This can provide both reprieve (for players who need a break from losses) and a challenge (for those that keep winning while playing with their eyes closed).
Respawn is already going to make the changes available via the "Improved Matchmaking (Beta) playlist, which you can find in the Play Classic MP section. But it's a watch-and-see transition, so changes will keep happening.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install