Titanfall Updates: First DLC Priced, Modes are Free, and New Matchmaking System in Progress
By Gel Galang | March 30, 2014 10:22 AM EST
Now that the anti-cheating system for Titanfall has been enforced and has exhibited a rather intensely amusing and thought-provoking look on cheating (will you or won't you?--it's actually a big question here), developer Respawn has turned towards the next installment of the game.
Or rather, towards the first DLC expansion, which Respawn boss Vince Zapella has responded to a fan query over at Twitter.
Spotted by IGN, a fan has asked when the first DLC will be coming out and how much it will cost, to which Zampella responded, "Don't think we've announced a date, cost is $10 US."
It seem that the first DLC will be a paid one, since Respawn has also announce that Titanfall's follow-up content will include both free and paid DLCs. What will come for free alongside the Season Pass are free updates.
This was confirmed by Zampella also via Twitter, as spotted by Gamerant. Following a fan's statement on wanting new modes for the next big update (and not the promised paid DLC), Zampella tweeted, "Modes we release will be free to all, not part of DLC."
Matchmaking for skills in Titanfall
"The game finds teammates and opponents for you by using this skill data. After we build teams and those two teams play a few matches, it is usually very clear which team is better. However, we weren't taking full advantage of this information," said Respawn in the official Titanfall web site.
This is why the developers made a recent change, particularly in two areas. The first is that searching for teammates and opponents will take more time to ensure that there is good skill level match among the players. Respawn hopes that this would create better teams and closer games in general.
The second change is that teams can change periodically and toss your team with another team that's different from the one you've been playing against. This not only gives you a better suited opponent for the next round, it will eliminate the chances of a fairly weak team that keeps losing to a team that does not have a similar skill match. This can provide both reprieve (for players who need a break from losses) and a challenge (for those that keep winning while playing with their eyes closed).
Respawn is already going to make the changes available via the "Improved Matchmaking (Beta) playlist, which you can find in the Play Classic MP section. But it's a watch-and-see transition, so changes will keep happening.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar