Sony Open Tennis 2014 Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 30, 2014 1:43 AM EST
It’s the top tennis players of the world battling for the championship at the Sony Open 2014 at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Miami, Florida on Sunday. ATP World No. 1 Rafael Nadal of Spain takes on No.2 Novak Djokovic in the Miami Masters final in what is the 40th career meeting between the two rivals.
Tennis: Sony Open-Djokovic v Murray
The long head-to-head history includes six meetings in 2013 and even that is as close as the Spaniard and Serbian split the series during that year. Overall, Nadal owns a 22-17 edge and is also 14-4 against Djokovic in the last 18 matches.
40 is the record for most matches played between two competitors in the Open Era. In matches during Masters tournaments, they played each other 21 times and 11 came during the championship round. Djokovic leads 10-9 in 19 meetings any tournament final.
The last meeting was a Djokovic victory at the Barclays ATP World Tour Final in Great Britain with the Serb winning in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4. Nadal’s last win came in a Grand Slam final as he won the 2013 US Open with a 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 drubbing of Djokovic.
While both have been unquestionably good this year and in this tournament, they have been lucky too: Nadal won via a walkover in the semifinals when Tomas Berdych was forced to withdraw because of gastroenteritis. Similarly, Djokovic advanced to the championship round after Kei Nishikori pulled out because of a groin injury.
The Spaniard beat Lleyton Hewitt, Denis Istomin and Fabio Fognini in the previous rounds while the Serbian advanced with wins over Jeremy Chardy, Florian Mayer, Tommy Robredo and Andy Murray.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales