Sony Open Tennis 2014 Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 30, 2014 1:43 AM EST
It’s the top tennis players of the world battling for the championship at the Sony Open 2014 at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Miami, Florida on Sunday. ATP World No. 1 Rafael Nadal of Spain takes on No.2 Novak Djokovic in the Miami Masters final in what is the 40th career meeting between the two rivals.
Tennis: Sony Open-Djokovic v Murray
The long head-to-head history includes six meetings in 2013 and even that is as close as the Spaniard and Serbian split the series during that year. Overall, Nadal owns a 22-17 edge and is also 14-4 against Djokovic in the last 18 matches.
40 is the record for most matches played between two competitors in the Open Era. In matches during Masters tournaments, they played each other 21 times and 11 came during the championship round. Djokovic leads 10-9 in 19 meetings any tournament final.
The last meeting was a Djokovic victory at the Barclays ATP World Tour Final in Great Britain with the Serb winning in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4. Nadal’s last win came in a Grand Slam final as he won the 2013 US Open with a 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 drubbing of Djokovic.
While both have been unquestionably good this year and in this tournament, they have been lucky too: Nadal won via a walkover in the semifinals when Tomas Berdych was forced to withdraw because of gastroenteritis. Similarly, Djokovic advanced to the championship round after Kei Nishikori pulled out because of a groin injury.
The Spaniard beat Lleyton Hewitt, Denis Istomin and Fabio Fognini in the previous rounds while the Serbian advanced with wins over Jeremy Chardy, Florian Mayer, Tommy Robredo and Andy Murray.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues