Box Office Collection: ‘Ragini MMS 2’ Does Better than New Releases; ‘Queen’ Drops
By Ankita Mehta | March 30, 2014 12:04 AM EST
Three Bollywood films - "O Teri", "Youngistaan" and "Dishkiyaoon" - were released this weekend but none of them made a mark at the collection centers. In fact, last week's release "Ragini MMS 2" fetched better numbers at the box office compared to the new releases.
Ragini MMS 2
"Youngistaan" and "Dishkiyaoon" accumulated at least around ₹1 crore each from the first Friday but "O Teri" opened poorly.
There are chances of Jackky Bhagnani starrer "Youngistaan" getting picked up at the collection centers as the film has received better reviews, compared to the other two. However, the overall total will be on the lower side and it will be difficult for the film to even earn the production cost back.
"Dishkiyaoon" was a complete washout with poor performance at theaters across India and, with negative reviews, it's quite unlikely that the film will manage to survive the weekend.
Meanwhile, "Ragini MMS 2" earnings dropped on its second Friday but it still performed better than the new releases, by raking in more than ₹1.5 crore.
"#RaginiMMS2 Fri 8.43 cr, Sat 7.29 cr, Sun 8.78 cr, Mon 4.60 cr, Tue 3.81 cr, Wed 3.55 cr, Thu 2.92 cr. Total: Rs 39.38 cr nett. EXCELLENT," trade analyst Taran Adarsh added.
But the horror thriller, featuring Sunny Leone in the lead role, will dominate the box office in its second week. The film should take its two-week total to more than ₹50 crore, despite the drop.
"Ragini MMS 2" will register itself in the hit films list of 2014, which also includes "Queen", "Jai Ho" and "Gunday".
Meanwhile, Kangana Ranaut starrer "Queen", which had an excellent box office run for three weeks, has declined in its fourth week. One of the reasons for the drop in collections is the less number of screens.
The screen count declined after the release of three films this week. However, on a positive, the film managed to earn more than ₹50 crore in India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June