Yamaha Alpha Scooter Set to Reach 14,000 Mark In India
By greeshma m | March 29, 2014 9:37 PM EST
Yamaha's recently launched Alpha scooter booking is set to touch 14,000 marks in India by the end of March 2014.
The scooter, which was launched at the Auto Expo 2014 in Delhi is said to be receiving good response from two-wheeler lovers in the domestic market. Roy Kurian, vice-president, Yamaha Motor India Sales, speaking to AutoCar Professional said, "We are hopeful of recording 14,000 units of Alpha sales by this month (March) across the country. Bangalore, which is among the biggest two-wheeler markets in India, holds a pre-eminent position for us."
Priced at 48,175 (Mumbai ex-showroom), Yamaha Alpha received 3,500 booking from the IT city Bangalore. Yamaha, which has a total of 120 dealerships in South India, hopes to sell 20,000 Alpha scooters every month. In Karnataka, Yamaha had 25 dealerships and the overall two-wheeler market in Karnataka is around 90,000 vehicles a month.
Yamaha Alpha, a 113 cc automatic scooter comes powered by 113cc air-cooled 4-stroke two-valve single cylinder engine, which can pump in a power of 7.1 Ps and a peak torque of 8.1 Nm. It claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 62 kmpl.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1270mm, the scooter measures 1,795mm in length, 675mm in width and 1124mm in height and the Alpha scooter packs features like telescopic suspension and great storage capacity of 21 litre. The scooter is offered in Black, White, Grey, Red and Magenta colour options in the sub-continent market.
Currently, Yamaha markets Alpha, Ray and Ray Z in the Indian market. The company also offers YBR110, FZ16 and YZF R15 motorcycles in the country. In February, Yamaha reported a 32.5 percent increase in sales at 42,548 units as against the 32,097 units in the same month last year. The company has also cut the prices of their scooters and bikes in India, following the excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget 2014-15.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide