'Legend' Box Office Collection: Balakrishna Starrer Performs Well on First Day
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 29, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Balakrishna's "Legend" has taken a good opening on the first of its release at Andhra Pradesh/Nizam box office. [Also Read: Legend Rocks in US]
Legend performs well on first day
"Legend" minted ₹6.9 crore share in AP/Nizam on its debut day and ensured that the film had a good start. The breakup of the film: ₹0.51 crore in Vizag, ₹0.40 crore in East, ₹0.44 crore in West, ₹0.42 crore in Krishna, ₹1.25 crore in Guntur, ₹0.45 crore in Nellore, ₹1.72 crore in Ceeded and ₹1.71 crore in Nizam.
"Legend" first-day share from AP/Nizam stands at ₹6.9 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
The film received positive feedback from critics, who termed it as a complete action-packed entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's fans have also given big thumbs up to the film. According to reports, "Legend" opened to packed houses on the first day. Particularly, the Balakrishna starrer fared well in "B" and "C" centres and it rocked the "A" centres during evening shows.
Armed with positive word of mouth, "Legend" is expected to perform well and post a good total in its opening weekend. The film is going rock-steady on the second day (29 March), however, it remains to be seen if the film's business will get affected on Sunday (30 March) due to municipal polls. With Monday being a holiday for "Ugadi," "Legend" will have a four-day weekend which is likely to help the film rake in good revenues.
While "Legend" released on 28 March in India, the film's makers had arranged premiere shows in the US on Thursday (27 March). The action entertainer reportedly earned $82,000 from 33 reported locations in US during premiere shows.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna appearing in dual roles. The film's other cast members include Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte, Brahmanandam, Kalyani, Suhasini, Jaya Prakash Reddy and Suman among others.
The film is the second outing in Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's association post the success of 2010-release "Simha." The director has been appreciated for living up to the expectations of Balayya fans. The actor's actions, punch dialogues and dance have won accolades from the critics as well as from the audience.
If "Legend" continues to perform well, it could well be another hit for Balakrishna.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell