'Legend' Box Office Collection: Balakrishna Starrer Performs Well on First Day
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 29, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Balakrishna's "Legend" has taken a good opening on the first of its release at Andhra Pradesh/Nizam box office. [Also Read: Legend Rocks in US]
Legend performs well on first day
"Legend" minted ₹6.9 crore share in AP/Nizam on its debut day and ensured that the film had a good start. The breakup of the film: ₹0.51 crore in Vizag, ₹0.40 crore in East, ₹0.44 crore in West, ₹0.42 crore in Krishna, ₹1.25 crore in Guntur, ₹0.45 crore in Nellore, ₹1.72 crore in Ceeded and ₹1.71 crore in Nizam.
"Legend" first-day share from AP/Nizam stands at ₹6.9 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
The film received positive feedback from critics, who termed it as a complete action-packed entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's fans have also given big thumbs up to the film. According to reports, "Legend" opened to packed houses on the first day. Particularly, the Balakrishna starrer fared well in "B" and "C" centres and it rocked the "A" centres during evening shows.
Armed with positive word of mouth, "Legend" is expected to perform well and post a good total in its opening weekend. The film is going rock-steady on the second day (29 March), however, it remains to be seen if the film's business will get affected on Sunday (30 March) due to municipal polls. With Monday being a holiday for "Ugadi," "Legend" will have a four-day weekend which is likely to help the film rake in good revenues.
While "Legend" released on 28 March in India, the film's makers had arranged premiere shows in the US on Thursday (27 March). The action entertainer reportedly earned $82,000 from 33 reported locations in US during premiere shows.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna appearing in dual roles. The film's other cast members include Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte, Brahmanandam, Kalyani, Suhasini, Jaya Prakash Reddy and Suman among others.
The film is the second outing in Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's association post the success of 2010-release "Simha." The director has been appreciated for living up to the expectations of Balayya fans. The actor's actions, punch dialogues and dance have won accolades from the critics as well as from the audience.
If "Legend" continues to perform well, it could well be another hit for Balakrishna.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes