'Legend' Box Office Collection: Balakrishna Starrer Performs Well on First Day
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 29, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Balakrishna's "Legend" has taken a good opening on the first of its release at Andhra Pradesh/Nizam box office. [Also Read: Legend Rocks in US]
Legend performs well on first day
"Legend" minted ₹6.9 crore share in AP/Nizam on its debut day and ensured that the film had a good start. The breakup of the film: ₹0.51 crore in Vizag, ₹0.40 crore in East, ₹0.44 crore in West, ₹0.42 crore in Krishna, ₹1.25 crore in Guntur, ₹0.45 crore in Nellore, ₹1.72 crore in Ceeded and ₹1.71 crore in Nizam.
"Legend" first-day share from AP/Nizam stands at ₹6.9 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
The film received positive feedback from critics, who termed it as a complete action-packed entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's fans have also given big thumbs up to the film. According to reports, "Legend" opened to packed houses on the first day. Particularly, the Balakrishna starrer fared well in "B" and "C" centres and it rocked the "A" centres during evening shows.
Armed with positive word of mouth, "Legend" is expected to perform well and post a good total in its opening weekend. The film is going rock-steady on the second day (29 March), however, it remains to be seen if the film's business will get affected on Sunday (30 March) due to municipal polls. With Monday being a holiday for "Ugadi," "Legend" will have a four-day weekend which is likely to help the film rake in good revenues.
While "Legend" released on 28 March in India, the film's makers had arranged premiere shows in the US on Thursday (27 March). The action entertainer reportedly earned $82,000 from 33 reported locations in US during premiere shows.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna appearing in dual roles. The film's other cast members include Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte, Brahmanandam, Kalyani, Suhasini, Jaya Prakash Reddy and Suman among others.
The film is the second outing in Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's association post the success of 2010-release "Simha." The director has been appreciated for living up to the expectations of Balayya fans. The actor's actions, punch dialogues and dance have won accolades from the critics as well as from the audience.
If "Legend" continues to perform well, it could well be another hit for Balakrishna.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up