'Legend' Box Office Collection: Balakrishna Starrer Performs Well on First Day
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 29, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Balakrishna's "Legend" has taken a good opening on the first of its release at Andhra Pradesh/Nizam box office. [Also Read: Legend Rocks in US]
Legend performs well on first day
"Legend" minted ₹6.9 crore share in AP/Nizam on its debut day and ensured that the film had a good start. The breakup of the film: ₹0.51 crore in Vizag, ₹0.40 crore in East, ₹0.44 crore in West, ₹0.42 crore in Krishna, ₹1.25 crore in Guntur, ₹0.45 crore in Nellore, ₹1.72 crore in Ceeded and ₹1.71 crore in Nizam.
"Legend" first-day share from AP/Nizam stands at ₹6.9 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
The film received positive feedback from critics, who termed it as a complete action-packed entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's fans have also given big thumbs up to the film. According to reports, "Legend" opened to packed houses on the first day. Particularly, the Balakrishna starrer fared well in "B" and "C" centres and it rocked the "A" centres during evening shows.
Armed with positive word of mouth, "Legend" is expected to perform well and post a good total in its opening weekend. The film is going rock-steady on the second day (29 March), however, it remains to be seen if the film's business will get affected on Sunday (30 March) due to municipal polls. With Monday being a holiday for "Ugadi," "Legend" will have a four-day weekend which is likely to help the film rake in good revenues.
While "Legend" released on 28 March in India, the film's makers had arranged premiere shows in the US on Thursday (27 March). The action entertainer reportedly earned $82,000 from 33 reported locations in US during premiere shows.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna appearing in dual roles. The film's other cast members include Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte, Brahmanandam, Kalyani, Suhasini, Jaya Prakash Reddy and Suman among others.
The film is the second outing in Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's association post the success of 2010-release "Simha." The director has been appreciated for living up to the expectations of Balayya fans. The actor's actions, punch dialogues and dance have won accolades from the critics as well as from the audience.
If "Legend" continues to perform well, it could well be another hit for Balakrishna.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’