'Legend' Box Office Collection: Balakrishna Starrer Performs Well on First Day
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 29, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Balakrishna's "Legend" has taken a good opening on the first of its release at Andhra Pradesh/Nizam box office. [Also Read: Legend Rocks in US]
Legend performs well on first day
"Legend" minted ₹6.9 crore share in AP/Nizam on its debut day and ensured that the film had a good start. The breakup of the film: ₹0.51 crore in Vizag, ₹0.40 crore in East, ₹0.44 crore in West, ₹0.42 crore in Krishna, ₹1.25 crore in Guntur, ₹0.45 crore in Nellore, ₹1.72 crore in Ceeded and ₹1.71 crore in Nizam.
"Legend" first-day share from AP/Nizam stands at ₹6.9 crore, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
The film received positive feedback from critics, who termed it as a complete action-packed entertainer with all the commercial elements. Balakrishna's fans have also given big thumbs up to the film. According to reports, "Legend" opened to packed houses on the first day. Particularly, the Balakrishna starrer fared well in "B" and "C" centres and it rocked the "A" centres during evening shows.
Armed with positive word of mouth, "Legend" is expected to perform well and post a good total in its opening weekend. The film is going rock-steady on the second day (29 March), however, it remains to be seen if the film's business will get affected on Sunday (30 March) due to municipal polls. With Monday being a holiday for "Ugadi," "Legend" will have a four-day weekend which is likely to help the film rake in good revenues.
While "Legend" released on 28 March in India, the film's makers had arranged premiere shows in the US on Thursday (27 March). The action entertainer reportedly earned $82,000 from 33 reported locations in US during premiere shows.
Directed by Boyapati Sreenu, "Legend" has Balakrishna appearing in dual roles. The film's other cast members include Jagapathi Babu, Sonal Chauhan, Radhika Apte, Brahmanandam, Kalyani, Suhasini, Jaya Prakash Reddy and Suman among others.
The film is the second outing in Balakrishna-Boyapati Sreenu's association post the success of 2010-release "Simha." The director has been appreciated for living up to the expectations of Balayya fans. The actor's actions, punch dialogues and dance have won accolades from the critics as well as from the audience.
If "Legend" continues to perform well, it could well be another hit for Balakrishna.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report