Honda Activa 125 Tipped to Debut in April; Price, Feature, Booking Details
By greeshma m | March 29, 2014 8:44 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) is reportedly getting ready to launch its latest offering from the Activa series- Activa 125 in April 2014, claims a new report.
If the report of Autocolumn is to be believed, Honda Activa 125, the scooter which mesmerized the two-wheeler aficionados in the country at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, will hit the scooter market in the first week of April. The scooter is likely to come in four paint jobs in the country- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
Reports suggest that the Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, is already expecting a waiting period of upto six months and the scooter will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). Activa 125 draws power from a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can pump in a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the company claims the best fuel efficiency for the scooter. The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60 kmpl.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1,260 mm, Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, and 1,151 mm in height. The scooter comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
When launched, the Activa 125 will directly challenge the country's current 125 cc automatic scooter segment leaders Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo. Although there is no official confirmation yet on the availability and the pricing of the Activa 125 yet, rumours are rife that the scooter will be priced at 55,000.The dealers of Honda are likely to start accepting the bookings for Activa 125 soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best