Honda Activa 125 Tipped to Debut in April; Price, Feature, Booking Details
By greeshma m | March 29, 2014 8:44 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) is reportedly getting ready to launch its latest offering from the Activa series- Activa 125 in April 2014, claims a new report.
If the report of Autocolumn is to be believed, Honda Activa 125, the scooter which mesmerized the two-wheeler aficionados in the country at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, will hit the scooter market in the first week of April. The scooter is likely to come in four paint jobs in the country- midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver and will pack features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body.
Reports suggest that the Activa 125, the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment, is already expecting a waiting period of upto six months and the scooter will come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET). Activa 125 draws power from a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can pump in a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm. The engine is mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission and the company claims the best fuel efficiency for the scooter. The HET innovation of Honda, which is seen in the Activa 110 and Activa-i will help the upcoming Activa 125 to deliver a fuel efficiency of 60 kmpl.
Seated on a wheelbase of 1,260 mm, Activa 125 measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width, and 1,151 mm in height. The scooter comes with telescopic fork suspension at the front and hydraulic type at the rear.
When launched, the Activa 125 will directly challenge the country's current 125 cc automatic scooter segment leaders Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo. Although there is no official confirmation yet on the availability and the pricing of the Activa 125 yet, rumours are rife that the scooter will be priced at 55,000.The dealers of Honda are likely to start accepting the bookings for Activa 125 soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- #Bendgate: iPhone 6 Woes Prompt Apple To Show Device Torture Room
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate