Baby Reveal Gone Wrong: Hilarious Viral Video Shows Boy Crying after Learning he's Getting Kid Sister [VIDEO]
By Keerthi Mohan | March 29, 2014 8:02 PM EST
A new YouTube video that has gone viral shows how distraught a six-year-old is after learning that he is getting a baby sister for the third time.
Jason Tiffany Mertlich decided to reveal the baby’s gender to his three young children - Gunner, Paisley and Harper – by hosting a party. The three children are seen gathered around a table, while the dad asks them to guess the baby’s gender.
Baby Reveal Gone Wrong: Hilarious Viral Video Shows Boy Crying after Learning he's Getting Kid Sister
Check out the video below:
Gunner is adamant that he wants a boy, Paisley wants a girl and Harper is happy as long as it’s a baby.
A cake is set in front of the children, and to Gunner’s dismay he finds that the filling is pink.
“It's a girl” Gunner says and immediately starts crying. “It's another girl! I hate girls! Every time it's girl, girl, girl, girl!! It's always going to be girls. ... It's too much."
Gunner refuses to eat the cake despite his sister telling him that it has jelly in it, and even threatens to leave the house because he wanted the family to have two boys and two girls.
“I hate girls!” adds the little boy. “I want to leave this house and never come back! I want to be by myself!”
Gunner is also sure that he won’t love his new sister and says that he wants a house with “zero girls.”
The YouTube video was uploaded on March 22 and since then has received about 578,245 views, with a good number of online users posting consoling messages to Gunner.
“Be patient little man. When you're all older and those 3 sisters start bringing home their college friends you'll be so grateful you had sisters,” one message read.
Meanwhile, Jason has come under criticism for telling Gunner that he too felt disappointed when he came to know they were having a girl. Many have even expressed hope that the yet to be born baby never comes across the video.
“I really hope his little sister never sees this, the brother keeps saying that he doesn't want her and that he won't love her and the dad said he had the same reaction,” one user wrote.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide