Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spied Testing Again in India; Launch, Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 29, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next sedan offering Ciaz has been spied testing in India once again, further fuelling the launch speculations of the car.
The car which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was displayed at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
On the mechanical front, Maruti's new C-segment offering, Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga and is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga. The car is likely to be introduced as a replacement of the underperforming SX4 sedan in the country.
Ciaz is expected to come loaded with safety features like with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Other speculated features of the car include 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
Ciaz will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent market and rumours are rife that the car will fall in the price brackets of 7.2 lakh to 10.5 lakh.
Earlier reports suggested that Ciaz will make its India debut by July. However, Maruti is still silent on the launch date of the car. Rumours are also rife that Maruti will introduce an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology Ciaz in the country but there is no official confirmation yet.
Maruti is also working on 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine to power its upcoming YRA hatchback, which is expected to reach the market by the end of 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Parliament Passes Changes to Qantas Sale Act, Flag Carrier Will Remain Majority Australian Owned
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People