Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spied Testing Again in India; Launch, Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 29, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next sedan offering Ciaz has been spied testing in India once again, further fuelling the launch speculations of the car.
The car which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was displayed at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
On the mechanical front, Maruti's new C-segment offering, Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga and is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga. The car is likely to be introduced as a replacement of the underperforming SX4 sedan in the country.
Ciaz is expected to come loaded with safety features like with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Other speculated features of the car include 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
Ciaz will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent market and rumours are rife that the car will fall in the price brackets of 7.2 lakh to 10.5 lakh.
Earlier reports suggested that Ciaz will make its India debut by July. However, Maruti is still silent on the launch date of the car. Rumours are also rife that Maruti will introduce an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology Ciaz in the country but there is no official confirmation yet.
Maruti is also working on 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine to power its upcoming YRA hatchback, which is expected to reach the market by the end of 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66