Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spied Testing Again in India; Launch, Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 29, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next sedan offering Ciaz has been spied testing in India once again, further fuelling the launch speculations of the car.
The car which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was displayed at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
On the mechanical front, Maruti's new C-segment offering, Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga and is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga. The car is likely to be introduced as a replacement of the underperforming SX4 sedan in the country.
Ciaz is expected to come loaded with safety features like with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Other speculated features of the car include 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
Ciaz will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent market and rumours are rife that the car will fall in the price brackets of 7.2 lakh to 10.5 lakh.
Earlier reports suggested that Ciaz will make its India debut by July. However, Maruti is still silent on the launch date of the car. Rumours are also rife that Maruti will introduce an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology Ciaz in the country but there is no official confirmation yet.
Maruti is also working on 1.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine to power its upcoming YRA hatchback, which is expected to reach the market by the end of 2015.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report