‘Mad Men’ Season 7 Spoilers: Is Don Draper Heading to Work?
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 29, 2014 6:47 PM EST
"Mad Men," AMC's drama series, set in the ad world of a bygone era, is returning on April 13, 2014 for its final season. Here is the latest news about the final season:
TV Guide's spoiler hints that Don Draper is unlikely to return to his office soon. However, the suave ad man is going to find other "creative outlets." TV Guide also reports that all the major characters will return in the final season of "Mad Men," including Megan and Pete.
In the previous season, Draper was sent on a forced vacation for an indefinite time. His daughter, Sally, caught him cheating. Also, Don Draper messed-up his marriage, as he and Megan became distant. In a poignant moment, in the final scene of the final season, Don Draper visited his childhood-whorehouse, with his children. This visit provided a new beginning for Sally and Don Draper.
"[Don's] screwed up the marriage, he's screwed up the kids. He always [knew] that at least he was good at his job, and now he doesn't even have that," Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper, said to TV Guide.
Talking about the upcoming season, Mathew Weiner, creator of "Mad Men," said to TV Guide Magazine that in the new episode, they'll be "acknowledging" what happened to Don Draper in Season 6 finale.
"That really did happen. He lost his job but also had a silent moment of reconciliation with his daughter. And he had that breakdown at the Hershey meeting where his anxiety was expressed as a confession. The consequences of that activity were kind of what we're writing about on some level. What part is irrevocable?"
Weiner, however, did not confirm whether the most happening character of the last season, Bob Benson, will return in the final season. When asked about Bob, he said, "You'll have to watch." He also ruled out the possibility of a spin-off, as he has no intention of doing more of "Mad Men."
The season has been split into two halves, consisting of seven episodes each. The second part is expected to air sometime in spring, 2015. The SpoilerTV has leaked the title and synopsis of the premiere episode. According to the report, The Episode 1 of Season 7 is titled "Time Zones."
The synopsis reveals that Don will be making a friend, while Peggy, who has got Don's position and chair, will be hearing new work. In addition, the synopsis also talks about Joan having a drink with a client, and Roger receiving a phone call that is "perplexing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate