Samsung Galaxy S5 Pre-Orders in UK via Major Carriers and Retailers from £559.65 to £600; Sony Xperia Z2 Delayed Until May in UK?
By Ryan Inoyori | March 29, 2014 4:59 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 is now ready for pre-orders in UK via major network carriers and retailers such as Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone while Sony may be suffering from issues suggesting Xperia Z2's delay until May 2014.
Samsung Galaxy S5 in UK
Major network carriers and retailers in United Kingdom are now ready to take on pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S5. Major network carriers include EE, O2, Three and Vodafone while retailers such as Amazon, Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U are now accepting pre-orders for the latest Galaxy smartphone.
Pre-orders from the mentioned list of carriers and retailers will have stock of colour schemes black, white, blue and gold versions. Shipping orders will commence in April 11th which also the same official global release date of Galaxy S5. However, buyers who made pre-orders with Amazon will have to wait until the 18th of April.
Current stocks for pre-orders are available in black and white while other colour variants will arrive soon. If you buy Galaxy S5 via pre-order, it will cost you £559.65 to £600 for the SIM-free variant depending from which retailer.
If you go with a network carrier, expect monthly payment plans with or without upfront cost depending on wireless company offering Galaxy S5. But EE and Phones 4U might be of interest due to their freebies - EE offers free return flights from airports across UK while Phones 4U offers free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and £50 worth of Google Play credit for the first 1000 pre-orders.
Sony Xperia Z2 Delay
If Samsung is going good with Galaxy S5 in UK, Sony may seem to have some issues dealing with consumer demands in the region. UK retailer Unlocked-Mobiles have sent emails to their customers regarding pre-ordered Xperia Z2 smartphone and they confirmed that it has been delayed until May 2014 across all retailers.
Unlocked-Mobiles also included that the reason why Sony Xperia Z2 goes on delay is due to a component shortage. However, Sony Mobile guarantee consumers that the pre-order units of Xperia Z2 will still arrive in April.
"Xperia Z2 will be available in the UK during April and we are expecting to deliver to all consumers who have placed a pre-order through our key partners. We are working tirelessly to maximise stock levels in April but currently we do not expect to meet the high demand across all our sales channels. Please stay tuned for further information and confirmed retail availability," Sony's official statement according to Xperia Blog.
Sony's statement confirmed that there is a high demand for Xperia Z2 will definitely means huge amount of sales. But they also pointed out that supplies are not that sufficient to meet all sales channels across the globe.
UK buyers aren't the only one having issues on obtaining Xperia Z2 as it is also happening in other European regions such as in the Netherlands and Sweden. Unfortunately, there is no information what kind of component shortage causing the delay of Sony Xperia Z2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market