Lorde's Boyfriend James Lowe Address the Haters: Says How Proud He is of 'Royal' Girlfriend
By nidhi tewari | March 29, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Grammy Award Winning singer Lorde's boyfriend James Lowe has come out and spoken up for the very first time.
Lowe has been a subject of controversy ever since he has been linked to his famous girlfriend Lode and has been ridiculed, made fun of and has even been a victim of racial abuse on various social media platforms. The reason is simple. He is not as good looking as most boyfriends of other singers are ( read Selena Gomez and even Taylor Swift's previous boyfriends), he is not a hot shot celebrity himself and is a simple photographer and is also much older than the "Royal" singer ( he is 24 and Lorde is just 17).
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
Lowe has been quiet about all the criticism that he has been subjected to recently but it looks like that the guy has had enough. He has written an open blog about how it feels to be the boyfriend of the two times Grammy Award Winning singer and how his life has changed after that.
"I've written, deleted, re-written, and deleted this post at least five times over the past few months, wondering when would be an appropriate time to start writing again," Lowe explains on his blog, which you can see here. "Since originally sitting down to write this post, Ella has become a two-time Grammy winner."
James could not help bragging about Lorde's Brit Awards too and expressed how proud he was of his girlfriend.
"She has taken home a Brit too. Currently she is on the opposite side of the world on tour. As much as I miss her, I couldn't be prouder of what she has achieved so far."
Then the photographer goes on to say how his life has taken a completely different turn after his girlfriend won the Grammys. "My life is probably a lot different now, but it feels normal on the inside," he writes. "Jared Leto said that fame doesn't change you, it changes everyone around you. While I'm not the centre of attention here (and f--k, the times I have, it's never been fun), I do become aware of the people around me and their transparency."
Then he goes on to address the haters who have ridiculed him and even made fun of his looks. Lowe was the subject of cyber bullying on Twitter and Instagram where people commented how "ugly" he looked and even made fun of his ethnicity.
"I've experienced being a target of the tabloids, finding moments I thought I was in safe hands splattered all over the internet, being pushed and shoved, or watching others get pushed and shoved by paparazzi just to get what they think they're entitled to. While I'm dragging on about the negative aspects, they are only a small part of my world now," James Lowe wrote.
But in the end her boyfriend said that he is happy about the entire "experience" and even laughs about it with his friends. "I've been able to tell tales of the many amazing people I've met along the way -- from fellow photographers, to artists I've always admired and never thought I'd get to meet, let alone have a simple thing like coffee with," Lowe added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate