‘American Horror Story’ Season 4: Top Revelations of New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 29, 2014 3:49 PM EST
"American Horror Story" comes-up with a new story, every new season. If the last season was about the coven and the good and bad witches, the upcoming season 4 is about performers in a freak, carnival show. Ryan Murphy took to Twitter to announce that Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be called "Freak Show."
There were rumours that "American Horror Story" Season 4 will also be filmed in New Orleans. The Season 3 was filmed in New Orleans and the story was set in New Orleans, as well. A spokesperson of the 20th Century Fox Television has confirmed that the cast and crew of this horror, thriller FX show will return to New Orleans to film the fourth season, according to NOLA. However, the story of the upcoming season is set in Jupiter, Florida, and not in New Orleans.
In one of the interviews, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. Entertainment Weekly recently reported that "American Horror Story-Freak Show" will be set in the year 1950. Jessica Lange, who has said that Season 4 will be her final Season of "American Horror Story," will be portraying the role of an "German expatriate" who will be seen "managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S." Murphy had said that the veteran actress is working on her German accent, and that Lange's role will be similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich.
Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill to portray her new character in Season 4. In addition to Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy will return in Season 4, Entertainment Weekly reports. These actors will be donning the costume of performers, and they have been rescued by Lange's character. Carnival is likely to be the setting of Season 4, and the lighter tone of the previous season will return in the new season.
There is no information yet on the contemporary setting.
"American Horror Story" Season 4 has yet to begin filming. It is expected to premiere sometime in October 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones