‘American Horror Story’ Season 4: Top Revelations of New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 29, 2014 3:49 PM EST
"American Horror Story" comes-up with a new story, every new season. If the last season was about the coven and the good and bad witches, the upcoming season 4 is about performers in a freak, carnival show. Ryan Murphy took to Twitter to announce that Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be called "Freak Show."
There were rumours that "American Horror Story" Season 4 will also be filmed in New Orleans. The Season 3 was filmed in New Orleans and the story was set in New Orleans, as well. A spokesperson of the 20th Century Fox Television has confirmed that the cast and crew of this horror, thriller FX show will return to New Orleans to film the fourth season, according to NOLA. However, the story of the upcoming season is set in Jupiter, Florida, and not in New Orleans.
In one of the interviews, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. Entertainment Weekly recently reported that "American Horror Story-Freak Show" will be set in the year 1950. Jessica Lange, who has said that Season 4 will be her final Season of "American Horror Story," will be portraying the role of an "German expatriate" who will be seen "managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S." Murphy had said that the veteran actress is working on her German accent, and that Lange's role will be similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich.
Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill to portray her new character in Season 4. In addition to Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy will return in Season 4, Entertainment Weekly reports. These actors will be donning the costume of performers, and they have been rescued by Lange's character. Carnival is likely to be the setting of Season 4, and the lighter tone of the previous season will return in the new season.
There is no information yet on the contemporary setting.
"American Horror Story" Season 4 has yet to begin filming. It is expected to premiere sometime in October 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market