‘American Horror Story’ Season 4: Top Revelations of New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 29, 2014 3:49 PM EST
"American Horror Story" comes-up with a new story, every new season. If the last season was about the coven and the good and bad witches, the upcoming season 4 is about performers in a freak, carnival show. Ryan Murphy took to Twitter to announce that Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be called "Freak Show."
There were rumours that "American Horror Story" Season 4 will also be filmed in New Orleans. The Season 3 was filmed in New Orleans and the story was set in New Orleans, as well. A spokesperson of the 20th Century Fox Television has confirmed that the cast and crew of this horror, thriller FX show will return to New Orleans to film the fourth season, according to NOLA. However, the story of the upcoming season is set in Jupiter, Florida, and not in New Orleans.
In one of the interviews, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. Entertainment Weekly recently reported that "American Horror Story-Freak Show" will be set in the year 1950. Jessica Lange, who has said that Season 4 will be her final Season of "American Horror Story," will be portraying the role of an "German expatriate" who will be seen "managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S." Murphy had said that the veteran actress is working on her German accent, and that Lange's role will be similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich.
Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill to portray her new character in Season 4. In addition to Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy will return in Season 4, Entertainment Weekly reports. These actors will be donning the costume of performers, and they have been rescued by Lange's character. Carnival is likely to be the setting of Season 4, and the lighter tone of the previous season will return in the new season.
There is no information yet on the contemporary setting.
"American Horror Story" Season 4 has yet to begin filming. It is expected to premiere sometime in October 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28