‘American Horror Story’ Season 4: Top Revelations of New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 29, 2014 3:49 PM EST
"American Horror Story" comes-up with a new story, every new season. If the last season was about the coven and the good and bad witches, the upcoming season 4 is about performers in a freak, carnival show. Ryan Murphy took to Twitter to announce that Season 4 of "American Horror Story" will be called "Freak Show."
There were rumours that "American Horror Story" Season 4 will also be filmed in New Orleans. The Season 3 was filmed in New Orleans and the story was set in New Orleans, as well. A spokesperson of the 20th Century Fox Television has confirmed that the cast and crew of this horror, thriller FX show will return to New Orleans to film the fourth season, according to NOLA. However, the story of the upcoming season is set in Jupiter, Florida, and not in New Orleans.
In one of the interviews, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," had said that Season 4 will be set in two time periods, 1950s and the contemporary. Entertainment Weekly recently reported that "American Horror Story-Freak Show" will be set in the year 1950. Jessica Lange, who has said that Season 4 will be her final Season of "American Horror Story," will be portraying the role of an "German expatriate" who will be seen "managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S." Murphy had said that the veteran actress is working on her German accent, and that Lange's role will be similar to German born American actress and singer, Marlene Dietrich.
Sarah Paulson is learning a new skill to portray her new character in Season 4. In addition to Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy will return in Season 4, Entertainment Weekly reports. These actors will be donning the costume of performers, and they have been rescued by Lange's character. Carnival is likely to be the setting of Season 4, and the lighter tone of the previous season will return in the new season.
There is no information yet on the contemporary setting.
"American Horror Story" Season 4 has yet to begin filming. It is expected to premiere sometime in October 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown