'Noah' Box Office Collection: Russell Crowe Starrer to Beat Arnold's 'Sabotage' and Overtake 'Divergent' for No.1 Spot
By Raymond Ronamai | March 29, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Darren Aronofsky's directorial, "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins is expected to make a good start and beat Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Sabotage" at the box office and overtake director Neil Burger's "Divergent" for the weekend No.1 spot.
Screenshot from Official Video
Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly in "Noah", an adaptation of the Biblical tale of Noah's ark directed Darren Aronofsky.
"Noah", directed by Aronofsky, the man behind uncompromising films like "Requiem for a Dream" and "Black Swan," was released worldwide on Friday to critical acclaims.
The 3-D and IMAX 3D film is an adaptation of the Biblical story of Noah and his ark with the director pumping in his own interpretation of the story. It invited the wrath of many religious people before its release, but has turned into a beautiful piece of art upon release with many critics welcoming the interpretation of the director, calling it a "modern parable."
Industry watchers have predicted that "Noah" would rock at the box office and earn at least $30 million during the opening weekend, according to MTV. The film is also rated high on Rotten Tomatoes, scoring 76 percent as compared to "Sabotage" (20 percent), "Bad Words" (65 percent), "The Raids 2" (76 percent), and "Cesar Chavez" (38 percent).
Director Neil Burger's film, "Divergent", which was released last week, is likely to be pushed to the second position with "Noah" expected to top the chart this weekend. The science fiction action flick starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ashley Judd, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoe Kravitz, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn, Maggie Q and Kate Winslet, has earned $68.7 million from domestic box office, according to MTV.
David Ayer's directorial, "Sabotage", which was released on the same day as "Noah", is likely to be placed third in the weekend chart with more than $10 million. The action thriller features Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington, Olivia Williams, Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello and Terrence Howard in the lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales