'Noah' Box Office Collection: Russell Crowe Starrer to Beat Arnold's 'Sabotage' and Overtake 'Divergent' for No.1 Spot
By Raymond Ronamai | March 29, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Darren Aronofsky's directorial, "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins is expected to make a good start and beat Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Sabotage" at the box office and overtake director Neil Burger's "Divergent" for the weekend No.1 spot.
Screenshot from Official Video
Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly in "Noah", an adaptation of the Biblical tale of Noah's ark directed Darren Aronofsky.
"Noah", directed by Aronofsky, the man behind uncompromising films like "Requiem for a Dream" and "Black Swan," was released worldwide on Friday to critical acclaims.
The 3-D and IMAX 3D film is an adaptation of the Biblical story of Noah and his ark with the director pumping in his own interpretation of the story. It invited the wrath of many religious people before its release, but has turned into a beautiful piece of art upon release with many critics welcoming the interpretation of the director, calling it a "modern parable."
Industry watchers have predicted that "Noah" would rock at the box office and earn at least $30 million during the opening weekend, according to MTV. The film is also rated high on Rotten Tomatoes, scoring 76 percent as compared to "Sabotage" (20 percent), "Bad Words" (65 percent), "The Raids 2" (76 percent), and "Cesar Chavez" (38 percent).
Director Neil Burger's film, "Divergent", which was released last week, is likely to be pushed to the second position with "Noah" expected to top the chart this weekend. The science fiction action flick starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ashley Judd, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoe Kravitz, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn, Maggie Q and Kate Winslet, has earned $68.7 million from domestic box office, according to MTV.
David Ayer's directorial, "Sabotage", which was released on the same day as "Noah", is likely to be placed third in the weekend chart with more than $10 million. The action thriller features Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington, Olivia Williams, Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello and Terrence Howard in the lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’