'Noah' Box Office Collection: Russell Crowe Starrer to Beat Arnold's 'Sabotage' and Overtake 'Divergent' for No.1 Spot
By Raymond Ronamai | March 29, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Darren Aronofsky's directorial, "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins is expected to make a good start and beat Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Sabotage" at the box office and overtake director Neil Burger's "Divergent" for the weekend No.1 spot.
Screenshot from Official Video
Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly in "Noah", an adaptation of the Biblical tale of Noah's ark directed Darren Aronofsky.
"Noah", directed by Aronofsky, the man behind uncompromising films like "Requiem for a Dream" and "Black Swan," was released worldwide on Friday to critical acclaims.
The 3-D and IMAX 3D film is an adaptation of the Biblical story of Noah and his ark with the director pumping in his own interpretation of the story. It invited the wrath of many religious people before its release, but has turned into a beautiful piece of art upon release with many critics welcoming the interpretation of the director, calling it a "modern parable."
Industry watchers have predicted that "Noah" would rock at the box office and earn at least $30 million during the opening weekend, according to MTV. The film is also rated high on Rotten Tomatoes, scoring 76 percent as compared to "Sabotage" (20 percent), "Bad Words" (65 percent), "The Raids 2" (76 percent), and "Cesar Chavez" (38 percent).
Director Neil Burger's film, "Divergent", which was released last week, is likely to be pushed to the second position with "Noah" expected to top the chart this weekend. The science fiction action flick starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ashley Judd, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoe Kravitz, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn, Maggie Q and Kate Winslet, has earned $68.7 million from domestic box office, according to MTV.
David Ayer's directorial, "Sabotage", which was released on the same day as "Noah", is likely to be placed third in the weekend chart with more than $10 million. The action thriller features Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington, Olivia Williams, Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello and Terrence Howard in the lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar