'Noah' Box Office Collection: Russell Crowe Starrer to Beat Arnold's 'Sabotage' and Overtake 'Divergent' for No.1 Spot
By Raymond Ronamai | March 29, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Darren Aronofsky's directorial, "Noah" starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Ray Winstone, Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Anthony Hopkins is expected to make a good start and beat Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Sabotage" at the box office and overtake director Neil Burger's "Divergent" for the weekend No.1 spot.
Screenshot from Official Video
Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly in "Noah", an adaptation of the Biblical tale of Noah's ark directed Darren Aronofsky.
"Noah", directed by Aronofsky, the man behind uncompromising films like "Requiem for a Dream" and "Black Swan," was released worldwide on Friday to critical acclaims.
The 3-D and IMAX 3D film is an adaptation of the Biblical story of Noah and his ark with the director pumping in his own interpretation of the story. It invited the wrath of many religious people before its release, but has turned into a beautiful piece of art upon release with many critics welcoming the interpretation of the director, calling it a "modern parable."
Industry watchers have predicted that "Noah" would rock at the box office and earn at least $30 million during the opening weekend, according to MTV. The film is also rated high on Rotten Tomatoes, scoring 76 percent as compared to "Sabotage" (20 percent), "Bad Words" (65 percent), "The Raids 2" (76 percent), and "Cesar Chavez" (38 percent).
Director Neil Burger's film, "Divergent", which was released last week, is likely to be pushed to the second position with "Noah" expected to top the chart this weekend. The science fiction action flick starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ashley Judd, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoe Kravitz, Miles Teller, Tony Goldwyn, Maggie Q and Kate Winslet, has earned $68.7 million from domestic box office, according to MTV.
David Ayer's directorial, "Sabotage", which was released on the same day as "Noah", is likely to be placed third in the weekend chart with more than $10 million. The action thriller features Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington, Olivia Williams, Malin Akerman, Joe Manganiello and Terrence Howard in the lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop