iPhone 6 Release Date: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Take on iPhone Bigger Variant
By Raymond Ronamai | March 29, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Apple Inc. has not officially announced the release date of its flagship smartphone, iPhone 6, but it is most likely to be unveiled in September. If the latest reports are any indication, it will have to take on Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 in the smartphone market.
Screenshot from KDB Daewoo Sec
iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5
The Cupertino giant is expected to come out with two variants - 4.7-inch smartphone and 5.5-inch iPhablet. UBS Managing Director, Steve Milunovich said in a research note (via Barron's) that iPhone 6 may be unveiled in August or September, but the bigger variant could be released later and even pushed to next year.
However, a latest report by Nikkei has claimed that suppliers of LCD panels for the flagship smartphone will start production soon and the device would be launched as early as September. There are also reports that both the variants of the device would be announced at the upcoming WWDC event in June, but most reports suggest a September release.
Coincidentally, Samsung's fourth generation phablet - Galaxy Note 4, too is expected to be unveiled in September. Its predecessor, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was launched in the same month last year.
If both 5.5-inch iPhone variant and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 are released as reported, the products from arch rivals will have to take on each other in the market. It looks like the clash is inevitable, as the iPhone has to take on Galaxy S5 if it is released at the WWDC event in June.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the successor of Galaxy Note 3, which sports 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, is expected to come with a 2K screen display, powered by a 64-bit processor and run on Android 4.5 Lollypop OS. It is also expected to feature water and dust resistant screen and a camera with increased megapixel as seen Galaxy S5.
On the other hand, Apple's bigger variant iPhone is expected to sport a 5.5 inch display with a 2272×1280 (510ppi), powered by the A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities. It is also expected to feature a scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health