Gwyneth Paltrow Referred to as Chris Martin’s Yono Oko: Coldplay Members Hated Her?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 29, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Gwyenth Paltrow is now being called Chris Martin’s Yoko Ono —the Japanese artist and peace activist who was at one point accused of breaking up the Beatles after she married John Lennon -- after a new report claimed that the actress was loathed by Martin’s Coldplay band members.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
Paltrow reportedly never got along with her husband’s bandmates, who are also his best friends, and the family’s move to California has been viewed as an attempt to break the band.
“Gwyneth just couldn’t be bothered because she would rather hang out with her other famous London friends including fashion designer Stella McCartney. It was clear that Gwyneth viewed Chris’ life with the band completely separate from her world, and she very much wanted it that way,” the source added.
Paltrow and Martin announced on March 25 that they have made a decision to “consciously uncouple,” putting an end to their marriage of 11 years.
Although the couple did not elaborate on the reasons behind their separation, Martin and Paltow admitted that they had been trying to work on their relationship for long. Martin is also said to have been unhappy with their move to California, compounding the problems in their relationship.
“He hasn’t been happy living in Los Angeles because Chris just isn’t into the Hollywood scene. Since moving to L.A., Chris has been away from the band, and he has essentially put his career on the back burner,” another source told the website.
Reportedly, Paltrow was also unhappy with Martin going on tours with his band, and constantly made him feel guilty about leaving the family behind.
Meanwhile, several other reports claim that Martin and Paltrow had an open marriage, and the various affairs the two enjoyed contributed to the couple ending their marriage.
Martin reportedly had an affair with Kate Bosworth and Paltrow was previously linked to entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn and billionaire Jeffrey Soffer. Both Martin and Paltrow have denied the alleged affairs.
“It had been an open relationship for quite some time,” a source close to the couple told New York Daily News. “I expected this was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. They were just very different people.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date