Gwyneth Paltrow Referred to as Chris Martin’s Yono Oko: Coldplay Members Hated Her?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 29, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Gwyenth Paltrow is now being called Chris Martin’s Yoko Ono —the Japanese artist and peace activist who was at one point accused of breaking up the Beatles after she married John Lennon -- after a new report claimed that the actress was loathed by Martin’s Coldplay band members.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
Paltrow reportedly never got along with her husband’s bandmates, who are also his best friends, and the family’s move to California has been viewed as an attempt to break the band.
“Gwyneth just couldn’t be bothered because she would rather hang out with her other famous London friends including fashion designer Stella McCartney. It was clear that Gwyneth viewed Chris’ life with the band completely separate from her world, and she very much wanted it that way,” the source added.
Paltrow and Martin announced on March 25 that they have made a decision to “consciously uncouple,” putting an end to their marriage of 11 years.
Although the couple did not elaborate on the reasons behind their separation, Martin and Paltow admitted that they had been trying to work on their relationship for long. Martin is also said to have been unhappy with their move to California, compounding the problems in their relationship.
“He hasn’t been happy living in Los Angeles because Chris just isn’t into the Hollywood scene. Since moving to L.A., Chris has been away from the band, and he has essentially put his career on the back burner,” another source told the website.
Reportedly, Paltrow was also unhappy with Martin going on tours with his band, and constantly made him feel guilty about leaving the family behind.
Meanwhile, several other reports claim that Martin and Paltrow had an open marriage, and the various affairs the two enjoyed contributed to the couple ending their marriage.
Martin reportedly had an affair with Kate Bosworth and Paltrow was previously linked to entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn and billionaire Jeffrey Soffer. Both Martin and Paltrow have denied the alleged affairs.
“It had been an open relationship for quite some time,” a source close to the couple told New York Daily News. “I expected this was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. They were just very different people.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown