Gwyneth Paltrow Referred to as Chris Martin’s Yono Oko: Coldplay Members Hated Her?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 29, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Gwyenth Paltrow is now being called Chris Martin’s Yoko Ono —the Japanese artist and peace activist who was at one point accused of breaking up the Beatles after she married John Lennon -- after a new report claimed that the actress was loathed by Martin’s Coldplay band members.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
Paltrow reportedly never got along with her husband’s bandmates, who are also his best friends, and the family’s move to California has been viewed as an attempt to break the band.
“Gwyneth just couldn’t be bothered because she would rather hang out with her other famous London friends including fashion designer Stella McCartney. It was clear that Gwyneth viewed Chris’ life with the band completely separate from her world, and she very much wanted it that way,” the source added.
Paltrow and Martin announced on March 25 that they have made a decision to “consciously uncouple,” putting an end to their marriage of 11 years.
Although the couple did not elaborate on the reasons behind their separation, Martin and Paltow admitted that they had been trying to work on their relationship for long. Martin is also said to have been unhappy with their move to California, compounding the problems in their relationship.
“He hasn’t been happy living in Los Angeles because Chris just isn’t into the Hollywood scene. Since moving to L.A., Chris has been away from the band, and he has essentially put his career on the back burner,” another source told the website.
Reportedly, Paltrow was also unhappy with Martin going on tours with his band, and constantly made him feel guilty about leaving the family behind.
Meanwhile, several other reports claim that Martin and Paltrow had an open marriage, and the various affairs the two enjoyed contributed to the couple ending their marriage.
Martin reportedly had an affair with Kate Bosworth and Paltrow was previously linked to entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn and billionaire Jeffrey Soffer. Both Martin and Paltrow have denied the alleged affairs.
“It had been an open relationship for quite some time,” a source close to the couple told New York Daily News. “I expected this was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. They were just very different people.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks