Gwyneth Paltrow Referred to as Chris Martin’s Yono Oko: Coldplay Members Hated Her?
By Keerthi Mohan | March 29, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Gwyenth Paltrow is now being called Chris Martin’s Yoko Ono —the Japanese artist and peace activist who was at one point accused of breaking up the Beatles after she married John Lennon -- after a new report claimed that the actress was loathed by Martin’s Coldplay band members.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
Paltrow reportedly never got along with her husband’s bandmates, who are also his best friends, and the family’s move to California has been viewed as an attempt to break the band.
“Gwyneth just couldn’t be bothered because she would rather hang out with her other famous London friends including fashion designer Stella McCartney. It was clear that Gwyneth viewed Chris’ life with the band completely separate from her world, and she very much wanted it that way,” the source added.
Paltrow and Martin announced on March 25 that they have made a decision to “consciously uncouple,” putting an end to their marriage of 11 years.
Although the couple did not elaborate on the reasons behind their separation, Martin and Paltow admitted that they had been trying to work on their relationship for long. Martin is also said to have been unhappy with their move to California, compounding the problems in their relationship.
“He hasn’t been happy living in Los Angeles because Chris just isn’t into the Hollywood scene. Since moving to L.A., Chris has been away from the band, and he has essentially put his career on the back burner,” another source told the website.
Reportedly, Paltrow was also unhappy with Martin going on tours with his band, and constantly made him feel guilty about leaving the family behind.
Meanwhile, several other reports claim that Martin and Paltrow had an open marriage, and the various affairs the two enjoyed contributed to the couple ending their marriage.
Martin reportedly had an affair with Kate Bosworth and Paltrow was previously linked to entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn and billionaire Jeffrey Soffer. Both Martin and Paltrow have denied the alleged affairs.
“It had been an open relationship for quite some time,” a source close to the couple told New York Daily News. “I expected this was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. They were just very different people.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch