Beyonce Gives her 'Ugly Cry' to the Audience and Gets Emotional on Last Day of Mrs Carter World Tour [See Video]
By nidhi tewari | March 29, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Beyonce has finally wrapped up her Mrs Carter World Tour and when she gave her final performance, it was an emotional experience for her and the audience both. Queen Bey gave the last performance of her Mrs. Carter Tour on Thursday (March 27) in Lisbon, Portugal and gave an emotional speech, coupled up with an "ugly cry."
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
"I want a spot[light]. I want them to see me," Queen Bey said, according to Huffington Post. "If you all don't know, tonight makes 132 shows. Tonight is the last show of the Mrs. Carter Show. We started a year ago and I want to say this has been such a journey."
The singer then went on to share how so many things happened ever since her world tour kicked off like her baby Blue Ivy, who did not even start walking when she went to give her first performance. In the year long tour Beyonce not only released a self-titled platinum-certified album but also celebrated five years of togetherness with husband Jay Z. All her shows were superbly successful and Beyonce toured in four continents!
"In the past year, we've been through so much together. The Super Bowl, shooting the videos, all of these shows. When I first started the tour, my baby was not even walking yet. I just want you to know that I am so lucky," the emotional star said.
The singer then went on to accept that she has an "ugly cry" and does not look good while shedding tears. But somehow Beyonce was not concerned about how ugly she will look but how good she can express herself to her fans.
"I'm giving y'all an ugly cry," Beyonce said as she started shedding her tears on stage before thanking her fans for their undying love and support. "Thank y'all again. Thank you for allowing me to have a career. And when I fall, you lift me up. When I'm hungry, you feed me. And I just want to give you my light. I dedicate this song to you."
The emotional moment has been captured by her fans in a video, which can be viewed below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools