Beyonce Gives her 'Ugly Cry' to the Audience and Gets Emotional on Last Day of Mrs Carter World Tour [See Video]
By nidhi tewari | March 29, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Beyonce has finally wrapped up her Mrs Carter World Tour and when she gave her final performance, it was an emotional experience for her and the audience both. Queen Bey gave the last performance of her Mrs. Carter Tour on Thursday (March 27) in Lisbon, Portugal and gave an emotional speech, coupled up with an "ugly cry."
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
"I want a spot[light]. I want them to see me," Queen Bey said, according to Huffington Post. "If you all don't know, tonight makes 132 shows. Tonight is the last show of the Mrs. Carter Show. We started a year ago and I want to say this has been such a journey."
The singer then went on to share how so many things happened ever since her world tour kicked off like her baby Blue Ivy, who did not even start walking when she went to give her first performance. In the year long tour Beyonce not only released a self-titled platinum-certified album but also celebrated five years of togetherness with husband Jay Z. All her shows were superbly successful and Beyonce toured in four continents!
"In the past year, we've been through so much together. The Super Bowl, shooting the videos, all of these shows. When I first started the tour, my baby was not even walking yet. I just want you to know that I am so lucky," the emotional star said.
The singer then went on to accept that she has an "ugly cry" and does not look good while shedding tears. But somehow Beyonce was not concerned about how ugly she will look but how good she can express herself to her fans.
"I'm giving y'all an ugly cry," Beyonce said as she started shedding her tears on stage before thanking her fans for their undying love and support. "Thank y'all again. Thank you for allowing me to have a career. And when I fall, you lift me up. When I'm hungry, you feed me. And I just want to give you my light. I dedicate this song to you."
The emotional moment has been captured by her fans in a video, which can be viewed below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon