Beyonce Gives her 'Ugly Cry' to the Audience and Gets Emotional on Last Day of Mrs Carter World Tour [See Video]
By nidhi tewari | March 29, 2014 11:59 AM EST
Beyonce has finally wrapped up her Mrs Carter World Tour and when she gave her final performance, it was an emotional experience for her and the audience both. Queen Bey gave the last performance of her Mrs. Carter Tour on Thursday (March 27) in Lisbon, Portugal and gave an emotional speech, coupled up with an "ugly cry."
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
"I want a spot[light]. I want them to see me," Queen Bey said, according to Huffington Post. "If you all don't know, tonight makes 132 shows. Tonight is the last show of the Mrs. Carter Show. We started a year ago and I want to say this has been such a journey."
The singer then went on to share how so many things happened ever since her world tour kicked off like her baby Blue Ivy, who did not even start walking when she went to give her first performance. In the year long tour Beyonce not only released a self-titled platinum-certified album but also celebrated five years of togetherness with husband Jay Z. All her shows were superbly successful and Beyonce toured in four continents!
"In the past year, we've been through so much together. The Super Bowl, shooting the videos, all of these shows. When I first started the tour, my baby was not even walking yet. I just want you to know that I am so lucky," the emotional star said.
The singer then went on to accept that she has an "ugly cry" and does not look good while shedding tears. But somehow Beyonce was not concerned about how ugly she will look but how good she can express herself to her fans.
"I'm giving y'all an ugly cry," Beyonce said as she started shedding her tears on stage before thanking her fans for their undying love and support. "Thank y'all again. Thank you for allowing me to have a career. And when I fall, you lift me up. When I'm hungry, you feed me. And I just want to give you my light. I dedicate this song to you."
The emotional moment has been captured by her fans in a video, which can be viewed below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar