HTC One M8: New Windows Phone 8.1 Variant is Rumoured to be in the Offing
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 29, 2014 11:51 AM EST
The last HTC phone with Windows was launched in the fall of 2012, i.e., Windows Phone 8X. If rumours are true, HTC is planning on a Windows Phone return with an attractive deal. HTC has been one of the key partners of Microsoft.
The brand new HTC One M8 will carry forward the legacy from its earlier model by adhering to aluminium housing and a dual camera. This means, there is going to be competition to those omnipresent models from Nokia.
A Culture Mob report notes that although Android seems to work better for the company, it has no plans of relinquishing the Windows Phone platform. So Windows Phone platform fans can expect top models from HTC soon.
From the time Satya Nadella took over, Microsoft is doing all it can to attract more clients/vendors to its windows platform. The company is looking for partnerships like Nokia-Microsoft deal. Microsoft is willing to reduce or even eliminate licensing costs for a good deal.
According to Techspot, HTC's new high-end Windows Phone is expected to run Microsoft's forthcoming update—Windows Phone 8.1. The earlier updates to Windows Phone 8 added support to Qualcomm SoCs like Snapdragon 800 and 1,080p display.
The Android version of HTC One (M8) sports a 5-inch 1,920 x 1,080 LCD display, a Snapdragon 801 SoC with a quad-core CPU and an additional Adreno 330 GPU, with 2 GB of LPDDR3 memory.
The M8 also boasts a 32 GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot and a Duo Camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown