HTC One M8: New Windows Phone 8.1 Variant is Rumoured to be in the Offing
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 29, 2014 11:51 AM EST
The last HTC phone with Windows was launched in the fall of 2012, i.e., Windows Phone 8X. If rumours are true, HTC is planning on a Windows Phone return with an attractive deal. HTC has been one of the key partners of Microsoft.
The brand new HTC One M8 will carry forward the legacy from its earlier model by adhering to aluminium housing and a dual camera. This means, there is going to be competition to those omnipresent models from Nokia.
A Culture Mob report notes that although Android seems to work better for the company, it has no plans of relinquishing the Windows Phone platform. So Windows Phone platform fans can expect top models from HTC soon.
From the time Satya Nadella took over, Microsoft is doing all it can to attract more clients/vendors to its windows platform. The company is looking for partnerships like Nokia-Microsoft deal. Microsoft is willing to reduce or even eliminate licensing costs for a good deal.
According to Techspot, HTC's new high-end Windows Phone is expected to run Microsoft's forthcoming update—Windows Phone 8.1. The earlier updates to Windows Phone 8 added support to Qualcomm SoCs like Snapdragon 800 and 1,080p display.
The Android version of HTC One (M8) sports a 5-inch 1,920 x 1,080 LCD display, a Snapdragon 801 SoC with a quad-core CPU and an additional Adreno 330 GPU, with 2 GB of LPDDR3 memory.
The M8 also boasts a 32 GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot and a Duo Camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date