HTC One M8: New Windows Phone 8.1 Variant is Rumoured to be in the Offing
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 29, 2014 11:51 AM EST
The last HTC phone with Windows was launched in the fall of 2012, i.e., Windows Phone 8X. If rumours are true, HTC is planning on a Windows Phone return with an attractive deal. HTC has been one of the key partners of Microsoft.
The brand new HTC One M8 will carry forward the legacy from its earlier model by adhering to aluminium housing and a dual camera. This means, there is going to be competition to those omnipresent models from Nokia.
A Culture Mob report notes that although Android seems to work better for the company, it has no plans of relinquishing the Windows Phone platform. So Windows Phone platform fans can expect top models from HTC soon.
From the time Satya Nadella took over, Microsoft is doing all it can to attract more clients/vendors to its windows platform. The company is looking for partnerships like Nokia-Microsoft deal. Microsoft is willing to reduce or even eliminate licensing costs for a good deal.
According to Techspot, HTC's new high-end Windows Phone is expected to run Microsoft's forthcoming update—Windows Phone 8.1. The earlier updates to Windows Phone 8 added support to Qualcomm SoCs like Snapdragon 800 and 1,080p display.
The Android version of HTC One (M8) sports a 5-inch 1,920 x 1,080 LCD display, a Snapdragon 801 SoC with a quad-core CPU and an additional Adreno 330 GPU, with 2 GB of LPDDR3 memory.
The M8 also boasts a 32 GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot and a Duo Camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen