iPhone 6 Release Date Coming Soon as Apple Ramps Up Production, Battery Orders Placed
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 29, 2014 11:34 AM EST
News from Asia affirmed that Apple is starting to release the iPhone 6 with plan orders out to battery makers.
In accordance with the report from Taipei newspaper, "Apple has reportedly placed its next-generation iPhone battery orders with only two suppliers: Taiwan-based Simplo Technology and China-based Shenzhen Desay Battery Technology. Dynapack, a battery supplier for the iPhone 5 and 5c currently has no orders confirmed, according to sources from the upstream supply chain."
According to a report from Digitimes, the company is grooming the Asia-based supply chain for the release of its coming generation of smartphone.
On the other hand, according to a news Wednesday from the Taiwan-based media outlet, Simplo Technology and Desay Battery Technology have collected orders to the prospected iPhone.
The news also pointed out that the "mass production" of the device is soon to begin and that it can possibly show up later rather than sooner.
UBS analyst Steve Milunovich stated that his review with the series of producers proposed that the iPhone 6 is most likely to be releases in August or September -- rather than June.
Renewing past rumours and reports, Milunovich declared that a model with a 4.7-inch screen is sure to be released but the larger model with a 5.5-inch display may or may not launch at the same time.
Meanwhile, Analyst Andy Hargreaves of Pacific Crest also announced this week that the iPhone 6 is likely a Q3 story.
Hargreaves added on his analysis mark on Monday, "For the first time, our checks indicated volume component orders for iPhone 6. We expect significant component orders to begin in July, which is consistent with public availability of the device in late September or October."
Apple's past iPhones were released in the fall thus; it makes sense to expect the iPhone 6 release date to happen in the fall as well. But then again, thus far, these rumours must be taken to with a grain of salt as the Cupertino has not made any official statement regarding the matter just yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary