Regardless if Mayweather Clash Happens or Not, Pacquiao’s Rematch With Bradley Most Important Since De La Hoya Fight
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 29, 2014 11:15 AM EST
Manny Pacquiao has made his name in the world of boxing by defeating some of the biggest names in the sport, but his victory against Oscar De La Hoya in 2008 has even furthered his super stardom. However, Pacquiao's promoter thinks that Pacquiao's rematch with Timothy Bradley, regardless if a Floyd Mayweather happens or not, is the most important fight for the multi-division world champion since he clashed with De La Hoya.
Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez of Mexico pose during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas
Speaking to The Telegraph Sport, Arum said that not only Pacquiao's rematch with Bradley important, but it is risky as well. The Hall of Fame promoter went on and said that boxing fans wouldn't have bought the ticket for the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch if they already knew what is going to happen. "If it's something that we know what the outcome is going to be, why the hell would people bother," said Arum.
According to Arum, Pacquiao is going to try to set the record straight to prove to everyone that Bradley's victory, when they met the first time, was a stroke of luck. He said that Pacquiao has been training so hard and feels confident about the upcoming rematch. However, Arum pointed out that he is not getting any younger and he's probably coming to terms with his aging while Bradley is often regarded as an underrated fighter who is not really considered as good as he actually is. Arum thinks Pacquiao can win but the Filipino fighter should exert a lot of effort to snag the victory in their rematch. "It's not going to be easy," he said.
In addition, Arum thinks that Pacquiao can bring entertainment to all boxing fans in the world for his rematch on April 12. "I think he does," he said when asked if Pacquiao needs to bring out something special in himself for the upcoming Bradley clash. "Whether he ever fights Floyd Mayweather or doesn't fight Mayweather, this is the most important fight of Manny's career, next to the Oscar De La Hoya fight," Arum said.
Arum was then asked the million-dollar question as a conclusion. Is the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight ever going to happen? Arum gave an unambiguous yet comprehensible explanation.
"This really reminds me of what Hitler did before the Second World War," he said. "Give me this, give me that and there'll be peace," he added.
"Manny knows that Mayweather doesn't want to fight him and he knows that making one concession after another, and God knows he's made plenty of concessions."
"This is not rocket science, if Mayweather wants to fight, let's sit down in a room and negotiate the fight."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone