'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 17 'Rescue Me' Recap/Spoilers: Markos Arrives at Mystic Falls, Elena and Stefan in Danger
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
The Travellers are now making their move on their big evil plan involving doppelgangers and summoning their leader, Markos (Raffi Barsoumian). It looks like there is a war coming in Mystic Falls between vampires, doppelgangers, witches and the Travellers.
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 17 "Rescue Me." The Travellers are determined to make Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) the last pair of doppelgangers alive to Sloan (Caitlin McHugh) continues to link Stefan with his Atlanta doppelganger to get more details about him.
The linking spell revealed the doppelganger's name is Tom Avery (Paul Wesley), an EMT at the Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital. The information was relayed to Caroline (Candice Accola) and Enzo (Michael Malarkey) who are already in Atlanta, ready to find the doppelganger and kill him.
Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) relationship with Elena is over and he spends time drinking at the bar with Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Matt (Zach Roerig) as company. Liv (Penelope Mitchell) arrives first, then Jeremy (Steven R McQueen) next and the two sat at a table to have a conversation that did not escape the suspicious eyes of Damon Salvatore.
In Atlanta, it turns out Tom Avery has been missing for months so Sloan had to do another linking spell again on Stefan making Caroline really worried. The next vision showed a red-haired woman asking Tom Avery out to show gratitude for saving her friend's life. However, Stefan tells Caroline not to kill Tom because he appears to be a good man.
Damon and Elena go to Jeremy's parent-teacher conference and found out the young Gilbert's behaviour at school is out of control. The teacher has pointed out Jeremy's issues like missing classes, getting in fights and cheating then concluded that his behaviour may have something to do with the people around him.
Caroline and Enzo arrived at the address that Stefan and Sloan gathered from the linking spell and found the red-haired woman, Hazel, inside the house performing a witch spell. However, Enzo, being the murderous vampire Enzo that he is, killed the witch with the doorknob making Caroline upset. "Why the hell did you do that?! She's our only lead!"
Because of that, Hazel passes through Bonnie (Kat Graham), the Anchor to the Other Side, after revealing that she knows Luke (Chris Brochu) and his plan. "Tell him I failed," Hazel said to Bonnie.
At the bar, Liv was talking to Jeremy about the Travellers and their plan to head to Mystic Falls for Elena but got interrupted when Luke texted about Hazel's death and they must go to Plan B. Tyler tried to stop Liv from leaving Jeremy hanging just like that but the newbie witch showed off her real powers and declared that she is not a "newbie" witch.
Liv shows up at the school and attacks Elena but Damon was quick to save his lady love. Damon was about to kill Liv but Jeremy intercepted. Jeremy revealed that he will ensure Liv will help in keeping Elena safe and asked his sister to trust him so they let Liv go.
Caroline, who was supposed to kill Stefan's doppelganger, ended up hurting Enzo instead. A conversation with Tom made Caroline see the good side of the guy so she compelled him on what he should do with his life. However, Enzo still killed the doppelganger as part of their deal with the Travellers.
Jeremy, who wants to keep Elena safe from the Travellers, made a deal with Liv and Luke. Elena became more upset when Jeremy decided move out of the Salvatore mansion and live his own life at Tyler's place. Damon and Elena finally have a grown-up conversation where Elena asked Damon to just let her go.
At a junkyard just outside of Mystic Falls, Caroline and Stefan share a tender moment where they talked about Caroline's failure to kill Tom in order to save Stefan. However, Stefan did not get upset and just lie down close to Caroline until they fell asleep.
Then, Stefan and Caroline woke up to the chant of the Travellers summoning Markos with the use of Stefan's blood. Sloan burns the Travellers and they all pass through Bonnie to go to the Other Side.
Bonnie fainted after enduring the pain from the Travellers passing through her and a shadow can be seen walking away from her unconscious body. The shadow is none other than the Traveller's scary leader, Markos.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 will return with Episode 18 titled "Resident Evil" on Thursday night, April 17, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Tease About a Lot of Goodbyes in Season 5 Finale, Is Jeremy Gilbert One of Them? - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: 2014 PaleyFest Promo Video Features the Arrival of New Villain Markos [WATCH] - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Looking Hot and Sexy in New Azzaro Pour Homme Fragrance Ad [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date