'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 17 'Rescue Me' Recap/Spoilers: Markos Arrives at Mystic Falls, Elena and Stefan in Danger
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 29, 2014 10:56 AM EST
The Travellers are now making their move on their big evil plan involving doppelgangers and summoning their leader, Markos (Raffi Barsoumian). It looks like there is a war coming in Mystic Falls between vampires, doppelgangers, witches and the Travellers.
Spoiler Alert: This feature contains major spoilers on "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 17 "Rescue Me." The Travellers are determined to make Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) the last pair of doppelgangers alive to Sloan (Caitlin McHugh) continues to link Stefan with his Atlanta doppelganger to get more details about him.
The linking spell revealed the doppelganger's name is Tom Avery (Paul Wesley), an EMT at the Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital. The information was relayed to Caroline (Candice Accola) and Enzo (Michael Malarkey) who are already in Atlanta, ready to find the doppelganger and kill him.
Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) relationship with Elena is over and he spends time drinking at the bar with Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Matt (Zach Roerig) as company. Liv (Penelope Mitchell) arrives first, then Jeremy (Steven R McQueen) next and the two sat at a table to have a conversation that did not escape the suspicious eyes of Damon Salvatore.
In Atlanta, it turns out Tom Avery has been missing for months so Sloan had to do another linking spell again on Stefan making Caroline really worried. The next vision showed a red-haired woman asking Tom Avery out to show gratitude for saving her friend's life. However, Stefan tells Caroline not to kill Tom because he appears to be a good man.
Damon and Elena go to Jeremy's parent-teacher conference and found out the young Gilbert's behaviour at school is out of control. The teacher has pointed out Jeremy's issues like missing classes, getting in fights and cheating then concluded that his behaviour may have something to do with the people around him.
Caroline and Enzo arrived at the address that Stefan and Sloan gathered from the linking spell and found the red-haired woman, Hazel, inside the house performing a witch spell. However, Enzo, being the murderous vampire Enzo that he is, killed the witch with the doorknob making Caroline upset. "Why the hell did you do that?! She's our only lead!"
Because of that, Hazel passes through Bonnie (Kat Graham), the Anchor to the Other Side, after revealing that she knows Luke (Chris Brochu) and his plan. "Tell him I failed," Hazel said to Bonnie.
At the bar, Liv was talking to Jeremy about the Travellers and their plan to head to Mystic Falls for Elena but got interrupted when Luke texted about Hazel's death and they must go to Plan B. Tyler tried to stop Liv from leaving Jeremy hanging just like that but the newbie witch showed off her real powers and declared that she is not a "newbie" witch.
Liv shows up at the school and attacks Elena but Damon was quick to save his lady love. Damon was about to kill Liv but Jeremy intercepted. Jeremy revealed that he will ensure Liv will help in keeping Elena safe and asked his sister to trust him so they let Liv go.
Caroline, who was supposed to kill Stefan's doppelganger, ended up hurting Enzo instead. A conversation with Tom made Caroline see the good side of the guy so she compelled him on what he should do with his life. However, Enzo still killed the doppelganger as part of their deal with the Travellers.
Jeremy, who wants to keep Elena safe from the Travellers, made a deal with Liv and Luke. Elena became more upset when Jeremy decided move out of the Salvatore mansion and live his own life at Tyler's place. Damon and Elena finally have a grown-up conversation where Elena asked Damon to just let her go.
At a junkyard just outside of Mystic Falls, Caroline and Stefan share a tender moment where they talked about Caroline's failure to kill Tom in order to save Stefan. However, Stefan did not get upset and just lie down close to Caroline until they fell asleep.
Then, Stefan and Caroline woke up to the chant of the Travellers summoning Markos with the use of Stefan's blood. Sloan burns the Travellers and they all pass through Bonnie to go to the Other Side.
Bonnie fainted after enduring the pain from the Travellers passing through her and a shadow can be seen walking away from her unconscious body. The shadow is none other than the Traveller's scary leader, Markos.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 will return with Episode 18 titled "Resident Evil" on Thursday night, April 17, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Tease About a Lot of Goodbyes in Season 5 Finale, Is Jeremy Gilbert One of Them? - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: 2014 PaleyFest Promo Video Features the Arrival of New Villain Markos [WATCH] - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Looking Hot and Sexy in New Azzaro Pour Homme Fragrance Ad [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar