Battlefield 4 Rolls Out Patch and Naval Strike DLC for Xbox One; Full Patch Notes
By Aditya Bhat | March 29, 2014 2:43 AM EST
DICE, the developer of Battlefield 4, has finally rolled out a new patch and Naval Strike DLC for the Xbox One version of the FPS title.
Earlier this week, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 got the newest Naval Strike DLC and update but DICE had withheld the release of these for Xbox One and PC. It had cleared in a statement that the Xbox One delay was due to issues in the animation system. (See Also: Naval Strike DLC Release Gets Delayed on Xbox One and PC; Commander App and Battlelog Receive Update)
Battlefield 4 was released on 29 October.
The new DLC will be bringing heightened sea-warfare into the game and will also add water-based vehicles. Players will be getting four new maps - the tropical Lost Islands map, Wave Breaker, Nansha Strike and Operation Mortar. The DLC will allow players to make strategic use of its environments. Players will also be able to blow up a crashed plane to create cover for them. This will also see the addition of a new hovercraft, or ACV which can travel on land and water. Players will also get a new M320 3GL gadget, where three grenades can be fired without reloading.
The new update rolls out fixes to issues like crash, MAV riding exploit, exploits in Operation Metro and brings improvements in stability. It also brings weapons, vehicle, aircraft and grenade tweaks.
Here are the full patch notes of Battlefield 4 for Xbox One (Battleog):
- General stability improvements
- Fix for a crash that could occur when players were customizing vehicles.
- Fix for an issue in the Rush game mode where end-of-round screen would always indicate that there were 60 minutes left of the game.
- Fix for an issue where the splash damage for IFV shells, Helicopter rockets, and Mortar rounds was unable to destroy deployed equipment.
- Fix for an issue that could cause the quad bike to explode when it hit indestructible objects.
- Fix for an issue that would cause sniper rifles to display too much bloom when aiming in snowy conditions, especially the outside areas of Operation Locker.
- Fix for an issue where the ECM would sometimes fail to jam incoming missiles.
- Shortened the take-off distances for jets to match the length of the runways in Second Assault maps.
- Fix for going above ceiling exploits in Operation Metro.
- Fix for a new MAV riding exploit.
- Fix for kill camera jittering/strobing sometimes if colliding with other world objects or terrain.
- Fix for soldiers getting catapulted when walking on steep surfaces.
- Fix for an issue where the kill camera would display the incorrect killer.
- Fix for an issue where the kill card won't show up when playing on servers which have the kill camera turned off.
- Fixed an issue where other soldiers would appear to fire in the wrong direction when turning quickly.
- Fix for weapons firing twice, or not at all in some instances.
- Fix for an issue where explosions didn't do any damage to infantry and vehicles that were outside of the combat area.
- Fix for an issue where late-joining players wouldn't correctly experience Levolution events on Paracel Storm and Flood Zone.
- Fix for an issue that could cause packet loss.
- Added Gold Battlepacks as rewards for Class Service Stars, allowing players that have reached the max Rank to continue earning new Battlepacks.
Weapons / Gadget Tweaks
- Increased the damage of the normal buckshot against targets with Body Armor.
- Reduced the vertical recoil of the M4 and M16A4 to give these burst fire weapons a tighter burst accuracy in their mid- to long range role.
- Reduced the side-to-side and first shot recoil of the G36C. This weapon now has the lowest side-to-side recoil of the carbines, giving it a clear controllable low rate of fire role, especially when compared to the AK5C, Type-95B-1 and the AKU-12.
- Tweaked the detonation time of the 40mm LVG so it bounces less before going off. The maximum damage has however been reduced to 80 like the RGO.
- Reduced the number of how many 40mm HE and LVG rounds players can carry, from 4 to 3.
- Increased the time it takes to get new 40mm round from ammo boxes. The time is longer for HE and LVG grenades and shorter for utility grenades like SMK and FLASH.
- Increased the time it takes to get new RGO IMPACT, V40 MINI, M84 FLASHBANG and M18 SMOKE grenades from ammo boxes. Since the player now carries more of these grenades, the resupply delay needed to be longer to prevent grenade spamming.
- Significantly improved the suppression from mounted vehicle weapons, including miniguns, HMGs, LMGs, and all shells types for all armored vehicles.
- Further reduced the repair rate for the Scout Helicopters and the Transport Helicopters.
- Significantly increased the damage of Transport Helicopter miniguns.
- Changed the flight ceilings on Gulf of Oman, Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm to better match the height of the structures in those levels.
- Adjusted the damage of the 25mm and 30mm cannons for both Stealth Jets and Mobile AA to be equal in Damage Per Second to the 20mm default weapons. These weapons were clearly poorer choices in all circumstances, and their different rates of fire are intended to be the player's choice factor for these weapon systems.
- Increased the splash damage and the range at which the JDAM bombs can achieve max splash damage. The JDAM's power was not properly balanced with its difficulty to use. The JDAM remains a primarily anti-vehicle weapon, though this change will increase the effectiveness against all targets.
- Increased the accuracy and direct hit damage of the AC130 40mm cannons. 40mm cannons can now be used to fire pinpoint shots in 2-3 round bursts, enabling them to provide accurate fire on infantry and vehicle targets. Their velocity has also been marginally increased to aid their accuracy.
- Increased the splash damage and range of the AC130 25mm cannons. These cannons now do approximately 50percent more damage, in a slightly increased area of impact. The increased damage as well as increased suppression effects will allow the 25mm cannon to fill its role as an area of effect weapon against infantry.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko