NBA Recap: Brandon Knight, Ramon Sessions Help Bucks Beat Lakers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Brandon Knight scored 30 points and Ramon Sessions added 22 as the Milwaukee Bucks ended an 8-game losing skid after beating the Los Angeles Lakers 108-105 on Thursday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
The Bucks finally put an end their losing woes, all thanks to their backcourt tandem of Knight and Sessions who stepped up big time in the game.
Knight came out on fire as he shot 12-for-21 from the field, while Knicks made 5 of his 10 shots and 11 of his 14 attempts from the charity stripe. The Bucks trailed the Lakers early on but outscored the visiting team in the second and third quarters to seal the deal.
Coach Larry Drew lauded the effort of his guys, especially the backcourt for leading them to a much-needed win.
"We probably ran more pick-and-roll than any other game we played. But we really were just focused on trying to open up the floor and both guys were getting to the basket and making shots," Drew said during a post-game interview via the Associated Press. "They seemed to play well off one another tonight. I played them both heavy minutes but they responded very well."
Though he was happy to book a victory against the Lakers, the Bucks head coach said he just could not feel enough pride in beating a struggling Lakers team without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash on the floor.
"We feel very fortunate that we were able to play well both times that we faced them, but I don't really sense pride in beating them twice to be honest," Bucks coach Larry Drew said.
Jordan Hill finished with 28 points and 16 rebounds, and Nick Young added 17 for the Lakers, who shot nearly 50 per cent from the field but turned the ball over 20 times.
The Bucks improved their regular-season record to 14-58, while the Lakers dropped to 24-47.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown