NBA Recap: Brandon Knight, Ramon Sessions Help Bucks Beat Lakers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Brandon Knight scored 30 points and Ramon Sessions added 22 as the Milwaukee Bucks ended an 8-game losing skid after beating the Los Angeles Lakers 108-105 on Thursday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
The Bucks finally put an end their losing woes, all thanks to their backcourt tandem of Knight and Sessions who stepped up big time in the game.
Knight came out on fire as he shot 12-for-21 from the field, while Knicks made 5 of his 10 shots and 11 of his 14 attempts from the charity stripe. The Bucks trailed the Lakers early on but outscored the visiting team in the second and third quarters to seal the deal.
Coach Larry Drew lauded the effort of his guys, especially the backcourt for leading them to a much-needed win.
"We probably ran more pick-and-roll than any other game we played. But we really were just focused on trying to open up the floor and both guys were getting to the basket and making shots," Drew said during a post-game interview via the Associated Press. "They seemed to play well off one another tonight. I played them both heavy minutes but they responded very well."
Though he was happy to book a victory against the Lakers, the Bucks head coach said he just could not feel enough pride in beating a struggling Lakers team without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash on the floor.
"We feel very fortunate that we were able to play well both times that we faced them, but I don't really sense pride in beating them twice to be honest," Bucks coach Larry Drew said.
Jordan Hill finished with 28 points and 16 rebounds, and Nick Young added 17 for the Lakers, who shot nearly 50 per cent from the field but turned the ball over 20 times.
The Bucks improved their regular-season record to 14-58, while the Lakers dropped to 24-47.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal