NBA Recap: Brandon Knight, Ramon Sessions Help Bucks Beat Lakers
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Brandon Knight scored 30 points and Ramon Sessions added 22 as the Milwaukee Bucks ended an 8-game losing skid after beating the Los Angeles Lakers 108-105 on Thursday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
The Bucks finally put an end their losing woes, all thanks to their backcourt tandem of Knight and Sessions who stepped up big time in the game.
Knight came out on fire as he shot 12-for-21 from the field, while Knicks made 5 of his 10 shots and 11 of his 14 attempts from the charity stripe. The Bucks trailed the Lakers early on but outscored the visiting team in the second and third quarters to seal the deal.
Coach Larry Drew lauded the effort of his guys, especially the backcourt for leading them to a much-needed win.
"We probably ran more pick-and-roll than any other game we played. But we really were just focused on trying to open up the floor and both guys were getting to the basket and making shots," Drew said during a post-game interview via the Associated Press. "They seemed to play well off one another tonight. I played them both heavy minutes but they responded very well."
Though he was happy to book a victory against the Lakers, the Bucks head coach said he just could not feel enough pride in beating a struggling Lakers team without Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash on the floor.
"We feel very fortunate that we were able to play well both times that we faced them, but I don't really sense pride in beating them twice to be honest," Bucks coach Larry Drew said.
Jordan Hill finished with 28 points and 16 rebounds, and Nick Young added 17 for the Lakers, who shot nearly 50 per cent from the field but turned the ball over 20 times.
The Bucks improved their regular-season record to 14-58, while the Lakers dropped to 24-47.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October