NBA Recap: James Harden’s Triple-Double, Rockets Send Sixers to 26th Straight Loss
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 10:04 PM EST
All-Star shooting guard James Harden recorded 26 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists to power the Houston Rockets to a 120-98 win over the Philadelphia 76ers, which dropped to their 26th consecutive loss on Thursday at the Toyota Center.
The Rockets further solidified their position as one of the top teams in a very competitive Western Conference, following another great victory on the road. With a 49-22 card, the Rockets are inching closer to sealing a home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
Dwight Howard recorded 17 points and 13 rebounds, while Terrence Ross added 20 markers in the game. The Rockets shot 48 per cent from the field and 34 per cent from the three-point line. They also dominated the battle for the boards with 57 team rebounds, though they turned the ball over 20 times.
Meanwhile, the Sixers matched the longest-losing streak in the history of the NBA with a loss at Houston. James Anderson had 30 markers on 11-for-18 shooting from the field and Henry Sims added 18 points.
Coach Brett Brown is aware that his team could set a new record with another loss in their next game. However, he stressed that he would not feel bad at all, as long as he sees his young players continue to improve their game.
"We don't talk about streaks," he said. "I don't even mention it to them and that's my mission for them. I want them to continue to improve. I hope they feel good about themselves," he said. "I don't want anyone feeling sorry for us or hanging our head ... we are going through something and we will get through it together."
Brown added that he expected his team to be this dreadful ever since he accepted the head coaching gig for the Sixers.
"I can tell you very, very sincerely that this is something that in a twisted way is enjoyable in regards to watching the young guys get better," he said. "Obviously at times it's hard going through it ... (but) I feel like we're heading in the right direction."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around