NBA Recap: James Harden’s Triple-Double, Rockets Send Sixers to 26th Straight Loss
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 10:04 PM EST
All-Star shooting guard James Harden recorded 26 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists to power the Houston Rockets to a 120-98 win over the Philadelphia 76ers, which dropped to their 26th consecutive loss on Thursday at the Toyota Center.
The Rockets further solidified their position as one of the top teams in a very competitive Western Conference, following another great victory on the road. With a 49-22 card, the Rockets are inching closer to sealing a home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
Dwight Howard recorded 17 points and 13 rebounds, while Terrence Ross added 20 markers in the game. The Rockets shot 48 per cent from the field and 34 per cent from the three-point line. They also dominated the battle for the boards with 57 team rebounds, though they turned the ball over 20 times.
Meanwhile, the Sixers matched the longest-losing streak in the history of the NBA with a loss at Houston. James Anderson had 30 markers on 11-for-18 shooting from the field and Henry Sims added 18 points.
Coach Brett Brown is aware that his team could set a new record with another loss in their next game. However, he stressed that he would not feel bad at all, as long as he sees his young players continue to improve their game.
"We don't talk about streaks," he said. "I don't even mention it to them and that's my mission for them. I want them to continue to improve. I hope they feel good about themselves," he said. "I don't want anyone feeling sorry for us or hanging our head ... we are going through something and we will get through it together."
Brown added that he expected his team to be this dreadful ever since he accepted the head coaching gig for the Sixers.
"I can tell you very, very sincerely that this is something that in a twisted way is enjoyable in regards to watching the young guys get better," he said. "Obviously at times it's hard going through it ... (but) I feel like we're heading in the right direction."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown