NBA Recap: James Harden’s Triple-Double, Rockets Send Sixers to 26th Straight Loss
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 10:04 PM EST
All-Star shooting guard James Harden recorded 26 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists to power the Houston Rockets to a 120-98 win over the Philadelphia 76ers, which dropped to their 26th consecutive loss on Thursday at the Toyota Center.
The Rockets further solidified their position as one of the top teams in a very competitive Western Conference, following another great victory on the road. With a 49-22 card, the Rockets are inching closer to sealing a home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
Dwight Howard recorded 17 points and 13 rebounds, while Terrence Ross added 20 markers in the game. The Rockets shot 48 per cent from the field and 34 per cent from the three-point line. They also dominated the battle for the boards with 57 team rebounds, though they turned the ball over 20 times.
Meanwhile, the Sixers matched the longest-losing streak in the history of the NBA with a loss at Houston. James Anderson had 30 markers on 11-for-18 shooting from the field and Henry Sims added 18 points.
Coach Brett Brown is aware that his team could set a new record with another loss in their next game. However, he stressed that he would not feel bad at all, as long as he sees his young players continue to improve their game.
"We don't talk about streaks," he said. "I don't even mention it to them and that's my mission for them. I want them to continue to improve. I hope they feel good about themselves," he said. "I don't want anyone feeling sorry for us or hanging our head ... we are going through something and we will get through it together."
Brown added that he expected his team to be this dreadful ever since he accepted the head coaching gig for the Sixers.
"I can tell you very, very sincerely that this is something that in a twisted way is enjoyable in regards to watching the young guys get better," he said. "Obviously at times it's hard going through it ... (but) I feel like we're heading in the right direction."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia