Football Transfer News: Barcelona Set to Make £83M Bid for Chelsea Triumvirate
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 28, 2014 9:58 PM EST
Spanish La Liga powerhouse Barcelona is reportedly preparing to make a gigantic 83 million pound offer to English Premier League superpower Chelsea in an attempt to overhaul its roster this coming offseason, a reliable source disclosed on Wednesday.
Football Web site CaughtOffside broke the news about Camp Nuo's intention to bring in goalkeeper Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois, Brazilian international David Luiz, and midfielder combatant Ramires.
"CaughtOffside understands that the Catalan giants are set to offload a number of players this summer as they look to finance big money moves and the La Liga side hope to lure three players from Stamford Bridge," the site reported.
Barcelona is reportedly interested to bring in the young goaltender in Courtois, who has been playing well for the Atletico Madrid on loan. According to CaughtOffside, there's a big chance that Jose Mourinho would let Courtois walk away because he still considers Peter Cech as his no.1 man between the posts.
"Jose Mourinho may be open to cashing in on Courtois as he continues to see Petr Cech as his undisputed number one starter and the fact that their young Belgian is still yet to play a single senior fixture for the West London club, almost three years since signing for Chelsea, would appear to suggest he is a player they can afford to consider offers for."
Meanwhile, Barcelona also sets their sight on Luiz, who could be the heir apparent to long-time Barca defender Carles Puyol. Barca has only made a 25-million pound offer to the former Benfica player and is planning to jack up their offer this coming offseason.
Similarly Brazilian international David Luiz is seen by Barcelona as a possible long-term successor to centre-back Carles Puyol, with the 35-year-old also publicly announcing his intention to call time on his career at Barca.
The third target Barcelona wants to have is the 27-year-old Ramires, who could replace Alex Song and Javier Mascherano. However, Mourinho is believed to be adamant in losing the players that already had 200 appearance with the Blues.
According to the source, Barcelona is very much ready to put their massive offer on the table. The offer for the trio is reportedly worth s €100m (£83m).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal