Kim Kardashian- Kanye West Wedding: Why Oprah Winfrey Would not be Invited
By Sonam Malik | March 28, 2014 9:49 PM EST
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are all set to walk down the aisle in Paris on May 24. The recent buzz surrounding the Kimye wedding is West's alleged decision not to invite Oprah Winfrey. Apparently, the 36-year-old rapper is frightened by Winfrey's popularity and does not want his wedding to be overshadowed by the popular TV Show host.
U.S. musician Kanye West (L) and companion Kim Kardashian arrive at the Givenchy Spring/Summer 2014 women's ready-to-wear fashion show during Paris Fashion Week September 29, 2013.
"He really thinks Oprah's going to steal the show and the guests will all be talking about her and what she's wearing and trying to get their picture taken with her as opposed to being there, witnessing his marriage to Kim and celebrating them as a couple," a source close to the engaged couple revealed, according to HollywoodLife
West and Kardashian have always craved for immense media attention and on their D-Day they would obviously want to be the most talked about people. Previously, it was reported that Kardashian had a fight with her stepfather Bruce Jenner regarding the latter's alleged sex change operation rumor.
Reportedly, Kardashian was worried that if Jenner changes his sex before her wedding, all limelight would be on him. Various publications had reported sources saying that Kardashian did not want "Jenner to steal her thunder".
Keeping in mind the importance of Kimye's wedding, even Khloe Kardashian has decided to go stag.
"This isn't a red carpet event or date night. This will be her sister's wedding and that's where all her love, focus and attention will be," a source close to Khloe revealed, adding, "She doesn't need a man on her arm, especially at her sisters wedding," reported the website
Meanwhile, West wants Kardashian to relax before the wedding. He wants her to look her best at the wedding and that is why he is not bothering her with last minute problems and issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored