Kim Kardashian- Kanye West Wedding: Why Oprah Winfrey Would not be Invited
By Sonam Malik | March 28, 2014 9:49 PM EST
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are all set to walk down the aisle in Paris on May 24. The recent buzz surrounding the Kimye wedding is West's alleged decision not to invite Oprah Winfrey. Apparently, the 36-year-old rapper is frightened by Winfrey's popularity and does not want his wedding to be overshadowed by the popular TV Show host.
U.S. musician Kanye West (L) and companion Kim Kardashian arrive at the Givenchy Spring/Summer 2014 women's ready-to-wear fashion show during Paris Fashion Week September 29, 2013.
"He really thinks Oprah's going to steal the show and the guests will all be talking about her and what she's wearing and trying to get their picture taken with her as opposed to being there, witnessing his marriage to Kim and celebrating them as a couple," a source close to the engaged couple revealed, according to HollywoodLife
West and Kardashian have always craved for immense media attention and on their D-Day they would obviously want to be the most talked about people. Previously, it was reported that Kardashian had a fight with her stepfather Bruce Jenner regarding the latter's alleged sex change operation rumor.
Reportedly, Kardashian was worried that if Jenner changes his sex before her wedding, all limelight would be on him. Various publications had reported sources saying that Kardashian did not want "Jenner to steal her thunder".
Keeping in mind the importance of Kimye's wedding, even Khloe Kardashian has decided to go stag.
"This isn't a red carpet event or date night. This will be her sister's wedding and that's where all her love, focus and attention will be," a source close to Khloe revealed, adding, "She doesn't need a man on her arm, especially at her sisters wedding," reported the website
Meanwhile, West wants Kardashian to relax before the wedding. He wants her to look her best at the wedding and that is why he is not bothering her with last minute problems and issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers