Kim Kardashian- Kanye West Wedding: Why Oprah Winfrey Would not be Invited
By Sonam Malik | March 28, 2014 9:49 PM EST
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are all set to walk down the aisle in Paris on May 24. The recent buzz surrounding the Kimye wedding is West's alleged decision not to invite Oprah Winfrey. Apparently, the 36-year-old rapper is frightened by Winfrey's popularity and does not want his wedding to be overshadowed by the popular TV Show host.
U.S. musician Kanye West (L) and companion Kim Kardashian arrive at the Givenchy Spring/Summer 2014 women's ready-to-wear fashion show during Paris Fashion Week September 29, 2013.
"He really thinks Oprah's going to steal the show and the guests will all be talking about her and what she's wearing and trying to get their picture taken with her as opposed to being there, witnessing his marriage to Kim and celebrating them as a couple," a source close to the engaged couple revealed, according to HollywoodLife
West and Kardashian have always craved for immense media attention and on their D-Day they would obviously want to be the most talked about people. Previously, it was reported that Kardashian had a fight with her stepfather Bruce Jenner regarding the latter's alleged sex change operation rumor.
Reportedly, Kardashian was worried that if Jenner changes his sex before her wedding, all limelight would be on him. Various publications had reported sources saying that Kardashian did not want "Jenner to steal her thunder".
Keeping in mind the importance of Kimye's wedding, even Khloe Kardashian has decided to go stag.
"This isn't a red carpet event or date night. This will be her sister's wedding and that's where all her love, focus and attention will be," a source close to Khloe revealed, adding, "She doesn't need a man on her arm, especially at her sisters wedding," reported the website
Meanwhile, West wants Kardashian to relax before the wedding. He wants her to look her best at the wedding and that is why he is not bothering her with last minute problems and issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft