Want to Marry Prince Harry? Dating Reality Show Fools American Women into Thinking they have a Chance
By Keerthi Mohan | March 28, 2014 8:51 PM EST
A new dating reality show titled “I Wanna Marry Harry" is giving 12 American women a chance to marry Britain’s Prince Harry. But the catch is that women are blissfully unaware that the man portrayed to be Harry is a regular English guy named Matthew Hicks.
The women have agreed to take part in the program after show executives convinced them that Harry is looking for an American bride. The 12 women were given an opportunity to spend time with the royal look-alike at the palatial Englefield House in Berkshire, in a bid to convince him to marry one of them, Deadline reported.
Reports have it that Ryan Seacrest and ZigZag Productions are shepherding this reality series, which will air on May 27 at 8pm EST on Fox. Hicks will keep his identity a secret till the final episode.
'Will he be able to convince them he's regal, and if he does, will they fall for the crown or fall in love with the real him?' the show's tagline reads.
“I Wanna Marry Harry” is said to be similar to Fox’s "Joe Millionaire," when the woman who decided to stay with Evan Marriott, despite knowing that he was a construction worker and not a millionaire as made to be, was awarded $1 million as a gift. But it is not yet known what the winner of "I Wanna Marry Harry" will take home.
“Joe Millionaire” aired more than a decade ago in 2003, and Mariott, who has since then split from the woman who chose him on the reality show, is a sad man.
In a letter to Jennifer Wright at The Gloss that has been made public, Marriott blasted reality television noting: “I never really wanted to be on TV and because I didn't understand the repercussions of how popular the show was going to be, when it came time to handle the minimal celebrity that I had, I failed miserably.
“People in reality television can be terrible people ... I reflect back to that interview I did with you in 2003 and think about what a douche I was ... All I can say to you is I'm sorry,” he said.
Meanwhile, the real Prince Harry is in a long-term relationship with girlfriend Cressida Bonas, and rumors swirling around indicate that he will propose soon.
"It's serious," a source close to Harry told Us Weekly. "I can see them engaged by the end of this year," and another pal added, "Cressida is who Harry was looking for for so long. He's very happy, and they're planning a future together."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People