'Man of Steel 2' News: 'The Rock' as Green Lantern and Anne Hathaway to Reprise Her Role as Catwoman For 'Batman vs Superman'?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 28, 2014 7:43 PM EST
There has been a lot of talk about the "Man of Steel 2" cast and several have already discussed their upcoming roles in the upcoming movie. Jesse Eisenberg has revealed why he has not talked to his own mother for a few months. In an interview with MTV News, Eisenberg said he is not allowed to say anything about the Lex Luthor character in the next six years, not even if he would shave his head for the role. He admitted that he has not called his mother in months to avoid answering her questions.
Meanwhile, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has also been rumoured to be part of "Man of Steel 2," with some saying that he could play as John Stewart, Green Lantern's alter ego. In his recent interview with Comic Book Resources, the 41-year-old actor talked about playing a DC character. "So, you know, there's been mutual interest with myself and DC for many years to find the right character," The Rock said. "I, like everyone here in the room, love superheroes. So there's been mutual interest with us for years, and we've been having ongoing discussions, myself and DC, for years about the right character, what the right character would be. That's another thing, too: It had to be right."
The Rock also discussed about his character's main qualities, saying: "The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to - the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing - and most important - is he had to be a badass mother[frick]er, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I'm happy we've found that character."
Another possible "Man of Steel 2" cast member is Anne Hathaway, who could reprise her role as Catwoman. In the same interview MTV News did with Eisenberg, Hathaway said she would love to play the character again. "I would love it if that happened, no one's talked to me about it and I think probably not gonna happen but that would be pretty cool," Hathaway confessed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales