'Man of Steel 2' News: 'The Rock' as Green Lantern and Anne Hathaway to Reprise Her Role as Catwoman For 'Batman vs Superman'?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 28, 2014 7:43 PM EST
There has been a lot of talk about the "Man of Steel 2" cast and several have already discussed their upcoming roles in the upcoming movie. Jesse Eisenberg has revealed why he has not talked to his own mother for a few months. In an interview with MTV News, Eisenberg said he is not allowed to say anything about the Lex Luthor character in the next six years, not even if he would shave his head for the role. He admitted that he has not called his mother in months to avoid answering her questions.
Meanwhile, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has also been rumoured to be part of "Man of Steel 2," with some saying that he could play as John Stewart, Green Lantern's alter ego. In his recent interview with Comic Book Resources, the 41-year-old actor talked about playing a DC character. "So, you know, there's been mutual interest with myself and DC for many years to find the right character," The Rock said. "I, like everyone here in the room, love superheroes. So there's been mutual interest with us for years, and we've been having ongoing discussions, myself and DC, for years about the right character, what the right character would be. That's another thing, too: It had to be right."
The Rock also discussed about his character's main qualities, saying: "The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to - the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing - and most important - is he had to be a badass mother[frick]er, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I'm happy we've found that character."
Another possible "Man of Steel 2" cast member is Anne Hathaway, who could reprise her role as Catwoman. In the same interview MTV News did with Eisenberg, Hathaway said she would love to play the character again. "I would love it if that happened, no one's talked to me about it and I think probably not gonna happen but that would be pretty cool," Hathaway confessed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown