'Man of Steel 2' News: 'The Rock' as Green Lantern and Anne Hathaway to Reprise Her Role as Catwoman For 'Batman vs Superman'?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 28, 2014 7:43 PM EST
There has been a lot of talk about the "Man of Steel 2" cast and several have already discussed their upcoming roles in the upcoming movie. Jesse Eisenberg has revealed why he has not talked to his own mother for a few months. In an interview with MTV News, Eisenberg said he is not allowed to say anything about the Lex Luthor character in the next six years, not even if he would shave his head for the role. He admitted that he has not called his mother in months to avoid answering her questions.
Meanwhile, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has also been rumoured to be part of "Man of Steel 2," with some saying that he could play as John Stewart, Green Lantern's alter ego. In his recent interview with Comic Book Resources, the 41-year-old actor talked about playing a DC character. "So, you know, there's been mutual interest with myself and DC for many years to find the right character," The Rock said. "I, like everyone here in the room, love superheroes. So there's been mutual interest with us for years, and we've been having ongoing discussions, myself and DC, for years about the right character, what the right character would be. That's another thing, too: It had to be right."
The Rock also discussed about his character's main qualities, saying: "The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to - the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing - and most important - is he had to be a badass mother[frick]er, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I'm happy we've found that character."
Another possible "Man of Steel 2" cast member is Anne Hathaway, who could reprise her role as Catwoman. In the same interview MTV News did with Eisenberg, Hathaway said she would love to play the character again. "I would love it if that happened, no one's talked to me about it and I think probably not gonna happen but that would be pretty cool," Hathaway confessed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown