Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Troubled Marriage: Its Warning Signs
By Riza Ornos | March 28, 2014 7:41 PM EST
After ten years of marriage, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow announced on Tuesday, March 25, that they are parting ways, calling it "consciously uncoupling." The estranged couple announced their separation via GOOP. The statement was released after they left the town to avoid any kind of media frenzy.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
The 41-year-old actress and Coldplay's 37-year-old front man took their two children, Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, to a family vacation in Bahamas before they made the shocking announcement. The foursome is reportedly staying at a rented private beachfront home in Eleuthera, an ultra-secluded residence that costs roughly $7,500 per week.
Paltrow has been vocal about her troubled marriage for years and back in May 2013, she wrote in her blog (GOOP) about their "terrible time" together. "It's hard being married," said the "Iron Man" star in an interview with Glamour UK. "You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple."
"I asked my dad once, 'How did you and Mom stay married for 33 years?' And he said, 'Well, we never wanted to get divorced at the same time,'" she added. "I think that's what happens when two people throw in the towel at the same time, then you break up, but if one person's saying, 'Come on, we can do this,' you carry on."
The former "Glee" star also hinted back in October 2013 that she "never place demands" on Chris and believes that he is putting something good into the world. In October 2011, Martin revealed that after becoming a father, he has become more focused, as it gives him purpose to work hard for his children's future.
According to E! Online, the couple is estimated to be worth $140 million each, which makes their combined income a whooping $280 million. If the couple decides to divorce, their multimillion dollar divorce is expected to be a long process.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been," Paltrow said in her blog statement. "We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate