Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Troubled Marriage: Its Warning Signs
By Riza Ornos | March 28, 2014 7:41 PM EST
After ten years of marriage, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow announced on Tuesday, March 25, that they are parting ways, calling it "consciously uncoupling." The estranged couple announced their separation via GOOP. The statement was released after they left the town to avoid any kind of media frenzy.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
The 41-year-old actress and Coldplay's 37-year-old front man took their two children, Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, to a family vacation in Bahamas before they made the shocking announcement. The foursome is reportedly staying at a rented private beachfront home in Eleuthera, an ultra-secluded residence that costs roughly $7,500 per week.
Paltrow has been vocal about her troubled marriage for years and back in May 2013, she wrote in her blog (GOOP) about their "terrible time" together. "It's hard being married," said the "Iron Man" star in an interview with Glamour UK. "You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple."
"I asked my dad once, 'How did you and Mom stay married for 33 years?' And he said, 'Well, we never wanted to get divorced at the same time,'" she added. "I think that's what happens when two people throw in the towel at the same time, then you break up, but if one person's saying, 'Come on, we can do this,' you carry on."
The former "Glee" star also hinted back in October 2013 that she "never place demands" on Chris and believes that he is putting something good into the world. In October 2011, Martin revealed that after becoming a father, he has become more focused, as it gives him purpose to work hard for his children's future.
According to E! Online, the couple is estimated to be worth $140 million each, which makes their combined income a whooping $280 million. If the couple decides to divorce, their multimillion dollar divorce is expected to be a long process.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been," Paltrow said in her blog statement. "We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates