Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Troubled Marriage: Its Warning Signs
By Riza Ornos | March 28, 2014 7:41 PM EST
After ten years of marriage, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow announced on Tuesday, March 25, that they are parting ways, calling it "consciously uncoupling." The estranged couple announced their separation via GOOP. The statement was released after they left the town to avoid any kind of media frenzy.
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow
The 41-year-old actress and Coldplay's 37-year-old front man took their two children, Apple, 9, and Moses, 7, to a family vacation in Bahamas before they made the shocking announcement. The foursome is reportedly staying at a rented private beachfront home in Eleuthera, an ultra-secluded residence that costs roughly $7,500 per week.
Paltrow has been vocal about her troubled marriage for years and back in May 2013, she wrote in her blog (GOOP) about their "terrible time" together. "It's hard being married," said the "Iron Man" star in an interview with Glamour UK. "You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple."
"I asked my dad once, 'How did you and Mom stay married for 33 years?' And he said, 'Well, we never wanted to get divorced at the same time,'" she added. "I think that's what happens when two people throw in the towel at the same time, then you break up, but if one person's saying, 'Come on, we can do this,' you carry on."
The former "Glee" star also hinted back in October 2013 that she "never place demands" on Chris and believes that he is putting something good into the world. In October 2011, Martin revealed that after becoming a father, he has become more focused, as it gives him purpose to work hard for his children's future.
According to E! Online, the couple is estimated to be worth $140 million each, which makes their combined income a whooping $280 million. If the couple decides to divorce, their multimillion dollar divorce is expected to be a long process.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been," Paltrow said in her blog statement. "We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up