‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer: Five Things to Know About the Sexy New Preview
By Riza Ornos | March 28, 2014 6:18 PM EST
Although the highly anticipated movie is set to premiere on February 2015, the newly released trailer is good enough for fans that eagerly waits for some tidbits about the movie. Universal Pictures' presentation at Cinemacon in Las Vegas recently released a five-minute long preview that features never-before-seen footage from "Fifty Shades of Grey."
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
"Nobody outside the studio has seen a frame of footage," says Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley after the presentation's biggest reveal. Many critics during the Cinemacon were caught by surprise by the preview as they expect it to be raunchy, but the tamed trailer managed focus more on the romance rather than erotica.
With its meaningful looks and lighthearted flirting, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer promises to give fans a blush with a twist of kinkiness. Here are the five things you need to know about the "Fifty Shades of Grey" sexy new preview.
1. Famous book quotes are included in the script. Yes, that's right. All the heart melting quotes are included in the movie and the trailer features one of the book's notable quotes that features Christian Grey played by Jamie Dornan uttering the phrases, "Hearts and flowers are not who I am," and "My tastes are very singular."
2. Instead of being kinky, the short preview is surprisingly PG despite the previous speculation that the film could be released in both R-rated and X-rated versions. Critics in attendance say that the feature is more heartfelt and sweet.
3. Described as "Twilight-esque." "I don't want to use the words 'sappy' and 'cheesy.' It looked like 'Twilight' with S&M in it." "It's not going to be a good movie, but it's going to do very well," says reporter Sheldon Demke.
4. Notable Cameos. For those fans who followed the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy, Charlie Tango, Grey's beloved helicopter has made a cameo on the trailer, including Ana Steele's best friend Kate Kavanagh played by Eloise Mumford. Some fans are quite disappointed that Grey's famous "red room of pain" did not make it but that is something to look forward to in the next trailer.
5. Jaime Dornan and Dakota Johnson's chemistry. There is no doubt that the two gorgeous lead stars have something going on between them. According to The Wrap, Langley described the two lead star as "brave" and "bold," and she even called them "the next iconic screen romance."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money