‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer: Five Things to Know About the Sexy New Preview
By Riza Ornos | March 28, 2014 6:18 PM EST
Although the highly anticipated movie is set to premiere on February 2015, the newly released trailer is good enough for fans that eagerly waits for some tidbits about the movie. Universal Pictures' presentation at Cinemacon in Las Vegas recently released a five-minute long preview that features never-before-seen footage from "Fifty Shades of Grey."
Fifty Shades of Grey: Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Film Set
"Nobody outside the studio has seen a frame of footage," says Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley after the presentation's biggest reveal. Many critics during the Cinemacon were caught by surprise by the preview as they expect it to be raunchy, but the tamed trailer managed focus more on the romance rather than erotica.
With its meaningful looks and lighthearted flirting, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer promises to give fans a blush with a twist of kinkiness. Here are the five things you need to know about the "Fifty Shades of Grey" sexy new preview.
1. Famous book quotes are included in the script. Yes, that's right. All the heart melting quotes are included in the movie and the trailer features one of the book's notable quotes that features Christian Grey played by Jamie Dornan uttering the phrases, "Hearts and flowers are not who I am," and "My tastes are very singular."
2. Instead of being kinky, the short preview is surprisingly PG despite the previous speculation that the film could be released in both R-rated and X-rated versions. Critics in attendance say that the feature is more heartfelt and sweet.
3. Described as "Twilight-esque." "I don't want to use the words 'sappy' and 'cheesy.' It looked like 'Twilight' with S&M in it." "It's not going to be a good movie, but it's going to do very well," says reporter Sheldon Demke.
4. Notable Cameos. For those fans who followed the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy, Charlie Tango, Grey's beloved helicopter has made a cameo on the trailer, including Ana Steele's best friend Kate Kavanagh played by Eloise Mumford. Some fans are quite disappointed that Grey's famous "red room of pain" did not make it but that is something to look forward to in the next trailer.
5. Jaime Dornan and Dakota Johnson's chemistry. There is no doubt that the two gorgeous lead stars have something going on between them. According to The Wrap, Langley described the two lead star as "brave" and "bold," and she even called them "the next iconic screen romance."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko