‘Mad in India’: Manish Paul Opts out as Show Host, Poor Ratings to Blame?
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 28, 2014 5:36 PM EST
Sunil Grover starrer "Mad in India," is in crisis with comedian Manish Paul exiting the scene, just a few months after the show was launched with much fanfare.
‘Mickey Virus’ Special Screening
Paul, who acted as the show's host was reportedly unhappy with the poor performance of the comedy show and nullified his original 26-episode-contract.
"Manish wasn't happy with the way the scripts were working out and that's why he has planned to move out. The makers and he have been having a lot of issues. The channel intervened and it has now been decided that March 31 will be his last day on the show," a source told Hindustan Times.
Apart from the feeble audience response "MII" garnered over months, the actor's budding film career is also stated to be another reason for his departure. Paul last seen on the big screen in "Mickey Virus" and has reportedly been offered prominent film roles.
Now with Paul's exit, Grover aka Chutki is expected to take on the lead in the Star Plus' show, which until now has been critiqued as a lame copy of the popular "Comedy Nights with Kapil."
Rumours are abuzz that the show's failure to procure fair ratings might lead to its closure in the coming days. Reports have hinted that the "MII" might be replaced with rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh's reality show.
To add to the show's woes, even celebrity guests are shying away from making an appearance.
"The makers are probably not getting the required celebrity dates for the show. It seems like the big celebs are not interested in coming on the show. That's the reason the shoot of the show also gets affected," an actor from the show revealed anonymously to The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date